Concilium

The main forum of the Societas Via Romana. Anything not covered by one of the Collegia is probably being discussed here!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Is it your wish and desire to form a Consilium and to give the Concilium authority to write a new Regula for the Societas Via Romana, incorporating into it the ideals of our community and establishing an organization to manage it?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:18 pm

Uti rogas (Yes)
84%
Quominus rogas (No)
15%

Total votes : 13

Concilium

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:18 pm

Salvete sodales omnes

A new poll is now before the sodales of SVR:

Is it your wish and desire, sodales omnes assembled together in Comitia, to form a Consilium and to give the Concilium authority to write a new Regula for the Societas Via Romana, incorporating into it the ideals of our community and establishing an organizational structure by which to manage SVR's further development?

Only those who are sodales (members) of SVR should vote in the poll. Viatores, those of you who are on our fora but are not sodales, and therefore who do not have access to the Comitia, should not vote in this poll.

You may vote in favour of the proposal with a vote of "Uti rogas" (Thus as you ask), or against the proposal by 'Quominus rogas' (Not that as you ask).

QBFF sit
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

What!!

Postby Anonymous on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:52 am

SALVETE!!

This is a load of BS and I'm voting against it. Sure, I'm probably the only one but I think this personal crap getting in theway of a good time. I thihnk thous of you pushing for this are loking to cause trouble because of personal reasons. I'm not going to pretend to know what they are. I guess I really don't care but I think you're just a bunch of people who love to hate the government, you elect some folks and then you just whine about how things arn'nt going your way.

I like to visit SVr but this pisses me off...
Anonymous

Re: What!!

Postby Quintus Pomponius Atticus on Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:33 am

Numerius Icilius wrote:SALVETE!!

This is a load of BS and I'm voting against it. Sure, I'm probably the only one but I think this personal crap getting in theway of a good time. I thihnk thous of you pushing for this are loking to cause trouble because of personal reasons. I'm not going to pretend to know what they are. I guess I really don't care but I think you're just a bunch of people who love to hate the government, you elect some folks and then you just whine about how things arn'nt going your way.

I like to visit SVr but this pisses me off...

Salve Numeri,

I wish you were better informed about the things you're complaining about... There is no split in the 'government' of SVR or any animosity between the government and the membership. In fact, the magistrates themselves so far are entirely for the plan of restructuring SVR through a concilium, in which many of them will participate, besides other members. There are no hidden agendas from any group in SVR behind all this, only a sincere wish to reform an obsolete 'constitutional' structure hindering - in most sodales' opinion - the functioning and development of this organisation.

Vale,

Atticus
Quintus Pomponius Atticus
Praetor

"Ars longa, vita brevis" - Hippocrates
Quintus Pomponius Atticus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:21 am

Salvete,

I voted uti rogas. As I also said to Atticus, if the concilium would need me to fill in a spot, I'll be there. But I think the composition of the concilium will be more important than its actual legality.

Another matter: if the concilium meets or discusses, will these discussions be carried out in public or in private?

Numeri Icili, I might applaud the fact that this situation "pisses you off" since it shows a level of involvement with the organisation, but you're indeed leaving under a misapprehension, as Tergestus noted.

Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Return to General