strange archelogical findings

The main forum of the Societas Via Romana. Anything not covered by one of the Collegia is probably being discussed here!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

strange archelogical findings

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:11 pm

For those who are unfamiliar with the magazine called X-factor, it is a magazine (not being published anymore) which deals with the strange and uncanny things of this world: alien abductions, ghosts, etc....
In issue 92 and since i recently started to reread them, it has entire chapter dedicated to what they called Hidden History. It doesn't have that much to do with Romans or antiquity (maybe with Atlantis). I will post an excerpt of this magazine which is the introduction of the chapter i was talking about.
In the 1980's, archealogist Dr. Carl Baugh made a surprising discovery during escavations near the river the Peluxi in Texas, US. After escavating a series of dinosaurs tracks, he found next to these tracks of dinosaurs in the same layer of ground, footprints of 50 cms in length which were claimed to humanoide footprints.

The first thing that comes to everybodies mind is ofcourse that it is a hoax. Even i have my speculation about the nature of these findings, but what if there some truth to it- that mankind is older than we are thought to be. There are numerous books written on the subject as several theories publicised but i'm pretty sure that are all ridiculed. Like i said, if there is some truth to it, there could be some truth about Atlantis.It could very well be that Atlantis was an ordinary city somewhere and that there were more like Atlantis around the world who were slightly more advanced that the humans around them.
It is just afterall speculation on my part but i'm putting the book "Forbidden Archeology by Michael A. Cremo and Richard L.Thompson on my wish list because it doesn sound fascinating.
valete
Romulus[/quote]
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

'Dino, Heel!' sed Fred

Postby Aldus Marius on Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:51 am

Ave, clare vir:

The Fred-Flintstone-walking-Dino prints were shown to be a hoax years ago. Not that you'd know it around North Texas; the Christian fundies are STILL citing those tracks as proof of Creationism. (The rest of us, non-fundies of every stripe, get to practice our heavenward eye-rolls; it's almost a form of devotion nowadays.) If the authors of your book want to compare Atlantis to that, it makes things more difficult for Atlantis.

The Civil Rights movement came to a halt here thirty hears ago, too. I hate this town...

Grinding his teeth a bit,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:46 pm

Salve

I recall that particular hoax. More interesting was the discovery of a Mayan depiction of a wooley mammoth. Apparently they were not extinct as early as scientists thought.
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:25 pm

Salvete
I only gave one example of the many they gave in that article. Also on another note, X-Facter only gives facts but leaves the rest up to their readers.
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:11 pm

*Facts* on ghosts and aliens? Hmm... there is hardly any serious research in that field.

Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:46 pm

They just gave you the facts of the reported cases. They tend to leave the decision of this is true or not, up to you. They even gave cases where it turned out to be false
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Return to General