ROGATOR - candidates here please

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

ROGATOR - candidates here please

Postby Publius Dionysius Mus on Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:31 am

Here candidates for the office of rogator may post their candidacy, and questions and debate with these candidates should also be done here.
Publius Dionysius Mus

No Spartiate soul left alive to tell
How bravely they fought
By treason they fell
(Ancient Rites - Thermopylae)
Publius Dionysius Mus
Eques
Eques

Rogator

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:36 pm

Salvete,

What is a rogator?

- A rogator is the person that has to count the secret votes in the Comitia. He then has to send the results to the Consul(es) to announce the results on our Forum/a.
- There are always 2; and up to 4 Rogatores. We are elcting 2 this year. (The period at the office normally always takes one full year)
- The Rogator is unable to stand for office the year he's serving as rogator
- They are eligible for automatic elevation to the ordo patricius

That's about it,

Vale,

Loc
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Candidacy for rogator

Postby Anonymous on Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:44 am

Salvete!

I have been asked to perform my civic functions to the patria and consider candidacy for public office. Upon reflection, it would be amiss of me if I refused to honor the call of service. However, as I am relatively new to the Societas Via Romana and far from being the most erudite member, I find it would be pretentious to seek candidacy for a higher level office. I believe one should start from more humble backgrounds and work their way up the ladder of experience, so to speak. Therefore I have elected to commence my public service to SVR in what may justly be considered an entry level but highly honorable position.

I hereby announce my candidacy for the office of rogator.

What are my qualifications? Well, I am articulate enough to write letters to the Consules, informing them of the outcome of all elections. I am honest enough to resist any hypothetical bribery and subversion by unscrupulous candidates for magistrates, though given the solid morality of all declared candidates that should not be a problem. Most importantly, I can count to a hundred. I can count past a hundred too, if need be, and I have especially purchased a calculator to keep in reserve for such an occasion. I therefore feel I could handle the duties of this office with competence and daring.

About me: I am a 25 year old male. American. A life long admirer of Roman society (I am still reeling from our defeat at Teutoburger Wald. Lousy Barbarians). I still have much to learn and explore, which is why I joined SVR. I revere all honorable societies, though I feel human civilization reached its apex under ancient Greece and Rome. I feel most keenly the (post)modern Western World needs rejuvenated by resurrecting and applying the best that these two cultures had to offer.

A while ago I made the decision to follow the Religio Romana, and I honor my ancestors and the Gods, especially Lupiter and Minerva.

If you have questions or comments, please post them here and I will give them all due consideration. I look forward to serving the citizens of SVR as rogator. You should vote for me because I am dedicated, honest, and just so darn good looking.

May the Glories of Rome Shine Eternal.

Vale!

Romulus Iulius Ursus
Because it takes a bear to get the job done.
Anonymous

candidacy 4 rogator office

Postby Aulus Dionysius Mencius on Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:24 pm

Salvete

I hereby wish, in my turn, to put forward my candidacy for the office of rogator, since I felt it was about time I got into service of our community.

Greetings to my fellow candidate, Ursus. Should we both be elected, I am looking forward to work with you, although I feel that you are better at maths than I am, since I do not have a calculator :P
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
Praefectus Belgicae, Rector of ColMil et Senator
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
V. Cornicen
V. Cornicen

Postby Anonymous on Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:00 am

Between the two of us I think we can count forty some votes.

Welcome aboard, Mencius. I look forward to serving with you. :D
Anonymous

Return to Comitia