Resign from Curatorship

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Resign from Curatorship

Postby Cleopatra Aelia on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:53 am

Salvete Omnes,

As discussed with Aldus Marius I thought it is better to resign from being curatrix due to me having loads of work organizing the things for my gladiator group hence I can't fullfill my job here properly.

But I am happy to announce that Quintus Servilius Priscus who already has experience with administrative tasks on this board takes over the job from me

I will still be active posting on the board though.

Valete optime
Cleopatra Aelia
alias Medusa Gladiatrix
Cleopatra Aelia
Curialis
Curialis

Change of Course

Postby Aldus Marius on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:59 pm

Salve, mi Aelia, et Salvete omnes...

I've said a few times, in Comitia and elsewhere, that service in the Society's administration can take a perfectly good Roman away from his or her own projects. Domina Aelia and her troupe are laying impressive groundwork for what promises to be a very productive reenactor unit starting next year. It will be only the third gladiator group I know of. I once tried (and failed) to start up a Legion; I know what it takes in time, enthusiasm, money for gear, and coordination between members, and I can affirm that anyone making a serious effort in that direction will have time left over for little else.

If you'd like to see what Cleo's up to, here's her site:

http://www.ludus-nemesis.eu/en/index.html

I would rather see our members putting all of themselves into following their Roman passions, whatever those might be, than trying to divide themselves between two or more tasks, and not being able to do any of them justice.

Bonam Fortunam to you and the Ludus, mi Aelia. I hope to read much of your exploits!

And gratias ago, mi Servili, for your willingness and readiness to step in as curator suffectus. You have time and again pinch-hit for us in the Censorial function, beginning when we did by sharing the Welcome letters and other things from your own Censorship. You got us up and running, and have been the hum under the machinery ever since. I look forward to working with you full-time!

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Comitia