Gladiators? Where?

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

HELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!

Postby Aldus Marius on Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:36 pm

Auxilium!!

Ayudame!!!

HELLLLLLPPPP!!!!!

*sob*

Here I am with this lovely essay, Gladiators: An Introduction, a gift from the Queen Herself...it's coded, formatted, graphics installed, ready to roll, iubet ("you bet")...and I don't know where to put it!!

We had a discussion around this time last year about the Ludi Societatis. (You may read it in Comitia-->Name for the Games Forum.) Some Sodales were for maintaining the current separation between essays about the historical Ludi (presently in the Collegium Historicum section) and the Society's own virtual Games (which have their own section of the Web site, Ludi Societatis). Others were for consolidating all Roman-spectacle material in the Ludi section. I did in fact consolidate it on the Board; but no actual consensus was reached, and the Web site maintains the distinction.

For now I will upload Cleopatra's essay to Collegium Historicum. But I'd like to reopen this discussion so I will know what to do with contributions on this subject in the long run; after all, she has assured me that there are more to come! >({|:-D

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Cleopatra Aelia on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:29 am

Salve mi Mari,
Salvete Amici,

Since the Collegia on the Website are a bit different from those on the board I would suggest that you put my essay on introduction on gladiators and those to follow for now into the collegium historicum because it would fit into none of the other collegia really.

Would it be wise to open a new section on the website for information on ludi. Then this term would be a bit confusing because the actual ludi were the religious games including theatrical displays and chariot races but not the gladiatorial munera. To give it one word we could call the new section collegium de spectaculis (if that's correct Latin, I don't know). Maybe that would be a good name for the section on the board as well so they are identical.

PS: Tiberius Dionysius Draco already has my essay on gladiatrices and I sent him yesterday the one about misconceptions.
Cleopatra Aelia
alias Medusa Gladiatrix
Cleopatra Aelia
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Comitia