Aediles contactusque in Curatorum Magistratio

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Aediles contactusque in Curatorum Magistratio

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:03 pm

Salvete, Quirites -

I admit that I'm a little foggy on procedure sometimes, but I have a question:

Our "Contact" page refers only to former offices - Censores, Consules, Aediles, Praetores, Rogatores - and not to the existing Curatores who are actually the magistrates herein. Shouldn't this be updated? If there is a question or problem, one can send a message to the Aediles, but since we don't have Aediles per se these days, will anyone get it? Or should someone just post the question as its own thread, hoc in modo?

Not a desperate issue - it's easy enough to read back in recent posts to see who's probably taking care of what - but it seems to me there's something distinctly "un-Roman" about a Contact page that leads - nowhere?

Cum gratia pro operis omnibus ab magistratibus actis, valete.
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Contact Page (and others)

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:55 am

Salve, mi Iohanne!

Most of the first- and second-tier pages on the site (the Main Index and the intro page for each section of the site (Contacts, Regulae, Members, Collegia...) are in need of an update--the Contact and Regula pages especially so. What's keeping me? --There are seven versions of each of those pages, each in a different language. Our site speaks English, Spanish, Latin, French, Dutch, German and Norwegian. So I've been wanting to update those pages...but I'll need translators for the non-English versions.

As to actually using the Contact form, the names of the contact links are still screwy; but they do all point to our correct Webmail box: svr -at- societasviaromana -dot- net . Sodales can also PM me, or post questions and notices in the Comitia-->Aediles thread.

Hope this helps!

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Helpful as Always

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:28 am

Salve, mi Mari -

Responsus magnopere lucidus, gratias tibi.

Vale semper bene.
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Marius done fecit.

Postby Aldus Marius on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:39 am

Salve iterum, mi Iohanne, et Salvete omnes...

I'm still hoping for some translation help, but I've made an interim fix. The "Contact" link on the Main Index page now bypasses the Contact page and goes straight to the Curatores' Webmail box. Text in the Seven Languages has been adjusted accordingly. (Please inspect!)

The row of links at the bottom of every page on the site will still send you to the old Contact page. That's part of the stylesheet, a template for the overall look and common elements of the site, which I have played with enough to know that I don't know what I'm doing. It's back to its old self now, and will remain so pending further guidance. >({|:#)

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Comitia