Equestrian Rank

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Equestrian Rank

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:11 pm

Salvete Omnes,

It is my high pleasure to announce that Aldus Marius has been raised to the Equestrian Rank by unanimous consent of the Curia. This honor is in recognition of Marius' long service to the Societas and particularly his stalwart and successful work to transfer the web pages of the Societas to a new provider and to make them stable.

Marius is the first Roman of our Societas to be so honored. He is so far the only Equestrian. Please join me in thanking and congratulating him.

Valete,

Timavus
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

Postby Tiberius Dionysius Draco on Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:54 am

Congratulations Marius, and I must say it is fitting to have a unique rank for a special individual such as yourself.

Here's to you :wine:!
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Curator
Curator

(!)

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:38 am

*peeks in*

>`({|8-b

*adjusts a bit*

... >({|:#)
*adjusts a little further*

... >({|:-)
*...and some more...*

... >({|:-D

*goes to fetch his horse*
(see original RP thread) = = = = = - - - - (-;|})<
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Servilius Priscus on Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:34 am

I can not think of anyone else who is more deserving of this than Marius. Congratulations!!!!!!

Priscus
Quintus Servilius Priscus
Censor, Curator
Quintus Servilius Priscus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Q Valerius on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:02 am

Mari! Drats, I should have thought of this ages ago. It's a well, well deserved honor.
Q Valerius
Eques
Eques

A Tale

Postby Aldus Marius on Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:26 am

Salvete iterum, amici Romani!

...Now, see, this is what happens when you go and tell the SVR leadership that you are Socially Awkward.

You see, 'long about Census-time we had the Gods' own boatload of people to contact, letters to send, questions, responses, replies... All of which had your humble Aedilis up with the night-sweats. I'd all but spavined my wrist-tendons just getting the lists of names, e-addies, and dates-last-seen of everyone on the Board whom we even suspected might have ever been a Sodalis. Now they wanted me to talk to 'em too...? So I told my Curial fellows that someone had to follow up with our strays, and that it might ought to be someone with actual customer-service skills; in several words, and I quote, "...I am not the speaking half of the horse," and I did not want to leave such a delicate task up to "Mari's pawing and snorting."

As happens in the Curia (an interesting place, mi Iohanne; I think you'll like it there!), debate ensued. "But...Mari..." (inquit a colleague), "...if you're not the speaking half of the horse, which half are you?" I said I was the half with the large driving muscles that make the whole critter go, don'tchaknow. And I opined that if one must insist on labelling that portion of the beast a "horse's-ass", then our OP Expats could rest assured that I was still quite skilled at impersonating early Nova Roman Consulars. >({|;-)

But, as also happens at times in the Curia, nothing much got settled; the final fallback position was that, since technically a horse does not speak, I could be either end. Bene, I thought that was the agreement, and I thought no more of it. But have those clever fellows resolved the issue after all? They've decreed me a public horse; and I suppose myself and said animal are now free to sort out our respective merits and stations in life.

...Bene'st, the Roman Bard has been honored; he returns the compliment with this little tale. It may or may not explain anything...but hopefully you've enjoyed it! >({|:-)

Gratias omnes vobis ago!

Fabulator Societatis...
Last edited by Aldus Marius on Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Q Valerius on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:44 pm

Salve, tu amicisse eque. :wink:
Q Valerius
Eques
Eques

Return to Comitia