Resignation as Curator.

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Resignation as Curator.

Postby Marcus Octavius Gracchus on Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:36 pm

Recent events in another online Roman group (one with which many of you are sadly familiar) have made it impossible for me to hold a leadership position in any Roman community, for some time to come.

In part, this is due to a desire to avoid certain individuals, those who believe that treason trials and massive fines have a place in volunteer organizations. Mainly, though, I have developed a dread of online politics, and what once filled me with excitement and vigour now brings only suffering and disgust.

Therefore, I resign as Curator of the SVR. I apologize to all, for having taken on this office and done nothing with it. I know that the Societas Via Romana is far less political than the other place, but I need to make a complete break.

It is my hope that after some time away, to restore my sanity, I'll be able to return, and contribute in a non-political role.

M. Octavius Gracchus
Marcus Octavius Gracchus
Senator
Senator

Vae...

Postby Aldus Marius on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:42 pm

Salve, care amice...

You go take care of yourself. Don't feel like you *have* to participate here out of any sense of Duty. We don't do guilt-trips...or power-trips either, for that matter. Come back when you're ready; when the idea appeals to you again; when you miss us. Wherever your next phase takes you, we'll all be enriched by it on your return.

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Comitia