Promotion

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Promotion

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:14 pm

Salvete Romani,

I wish to brainstorm here a little about promoting our organisation.

Although it may not seem that way, SVR has come a long way already. We started out in May 2001 with 4 members. As there was still much work to do here, none of us really had time to promote our organisation. Promotion only started at the end of the year, through our personality and god tests at www.selectsmart.com . We had the enormous advantage that the webmasters of that site picked out one of our tests and put it on the main page. This was very advantageous for our member influx.

However, somewhere in March 2002 the link was taken from the main page, and additionally all known Roman or newsgroups otherwise connected with antiquity had been tried. This caused some stagnation in our membership. Right now, through two important reforms, we have 40 members. As a small group, we're doing fine, but more active members doesn't hurt.

There is no special "pr"-magistrate in SVR; but last year this task was mainly undertaken by the Aediles and the Censores. But I appreciate input from everyone. What do *you* think is a good means of getting known? Tarquinius and I already plan, after the site has been fully put in order, to visit other sites and exchange links. But we don't have enough time to promote full-time.

So, any ideas? Let us know!

Valete bene,
Scorpio
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Comitia