IMPORTANT!!! Inactive members during the past six months.

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Inactive Member Reply

Postby Anonymous on Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:00 pm

Thanks for the welcome back Tergestus!

I am now located in Istanbul, Turkey, for a short while; and then I'll be going back to New York in mid-August for the year. I hope I will not have problems this time, when I go back.

Anyway, good to be completely back, receiving e-mails and all. :D

Hiera
Anonymous

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:14 pm

I was chatting with someone in Istanbul when your message arrived. It is one of my favorite cities. I hope that you have enough time there to explore the antiquities along the coast. Send us a report of what you find. It would be fascinating! :D
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:34 pm

Salve Marce,

Yes, priscillia Vedia Serena is a member. So it is not her that I mean. But, as said, I did not take a decision concerning the people who are not members but are on the forum. I just gave my opinion, and as known, opinions can be different. I respect yours, you respect mine. But I still do ask myself the question: what are inactive nicknames good for?

And may I ask what you mean by:
Barbarelle
?

And welcome back, Minervina! I did not receive an email from you, but I'm happy you're still among us!

Vale,

Locatus
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:57 pm

Salvete Minerva, Locate et omnes

Good to see Minerva with us again. Often time I am caught up in responding to others that I fail to go into topics of interest to me. One I think Minerva could lend some information on.

This whole matter, Locate, concerns a determination of what it means to be a member of SVR rather than simply a subscriber to our Forum. Participation has always been a requirement of membership. Inactivity and its duration is subject to interpretation. Inactivity of six months alone I do not think is sufficient grounds to end someone's membership. And I consider someone reading our Forum as a form of participation. It would be nice if people posted more often to let us know they were reading our Forum. It would be nice if we all met in the chat room more frequently to meet with other members. I know I would like to but never seem to visit as often as I should. What I think may be wrong in all this is that those who speak of inactivity of other members are judging by their own form of activity. Not everyone is interested in running for office, or writing articles, and if instead they are one who frenquently visits our chatroom, well, few of us may be running into them to know they are participating. I am reluctant to remove anyone from our list of members until it is proven that they have fallen out of active participation. I am concerned that due process is followed in removing people from membership. I am concerned with what precedents may be set while we go through this process. But I am quite in agreement that we should keep our records clear and open as to who are members.

Barbarellus, em, that refers to a comment made by some Belgae as to a certain censor's peach fuzz during one of my too infrequent visits to the confabularium. And would Barbarossa have been better? Perhaps you should take up with them.

Valete optime
Marcus Moravius Horatianus Piscinus Albabarba :lol:
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:08 pm

Salve Marce,

I am reluctant to remove anyone from our list of members until it is proven that they have fallen out of active participation.

That's true, and I do not want to remove members who are still interested in participating. But the problem is: how do we know that they're still interested. I try to contact them on several manners, but I can't send them a letter or telephone them at home, can I? I really would hate to have removed a member who was still interested. But you must have certain conditions which determine "inactivity"; and that means here: 6 months no postings, meeting other members in the chat-room or private contact + 3 weeks to reply to the requests of the censores. I would have no problems with redefining these conditions. But the internet remains a limited medium: if you don't log in, we won't be able to see you.

Vale,

Locatus Barbatus
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Back from holidays

Postby Anonymous on Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:21 am

Salvete omnes,

As you may recall I had been to Turkey for the holidays, and I stayed way longer than I had originally planned, the reasons being: 1. could not find tickets for my planned returning date and 2. I quite enjoyed staying back there :)

When I came back to NY, in September I found that my supposedly-automatic payment for my Internet provider has not been automatically payed by my bank and so it was cut. I could not decide on what to do for a while and then decided to get cable. Here I am, Hiera Iulia Technologia :D

I have a LOT of questions to bother Piscinus with, on the Religio, for example. So be warned! :wink:
Anonymous

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:58 am

Salva sis Iulia

Welcome back !!! :lol:

Oh, I do have a soft spot when it comes to replying to questions. I am forewarned.

Vale optime
Piscinus
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Previous

Return to Comitia