ELECTIONS VOIDED

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

ELECTIONS VOIDED

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:11 pm

EX DOMO M HORATIUS BIS CONSUL SODALIBUS SALUTEM PLURIMAM DICIT

The elections for magistrates of the Societas nostras are hereby declared voided.

As the consul conducting the elections I addressed a question to our praetores concerning a technicality. It was then brought to my attention in the Senate that some of our sodales did not yet receive their voter codes in time for the elections. There have been some other problems with delayed notifications. Both praetores have suggested that the elections be voided in order to address the problems. Other senatores have voiced their agreement without any dissent. I concur with the opinion of the praetores and therefore have decided to void the elections held in 2756 AUC.

Tentatively new elections will be held beginning on the Ides of January 2757. Anyone who becomes a member of SVR (a sodalis) before the kalends of January will be eligible to vote in the elections and eligible to run for office in the elections.

Di deaeque nos semper ament
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Comitia