Your most HATED factio

Everything related to the ludi circenses and its teams or workings, including games or contests in the Societas Via Romana. Bring on the fun!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Which factio do you dislike the most?

ALBATA! They were corrupted from the start!
27%
AURATA! They were never a "true" factio!
18%
PRAESINA! I hate Locatus!
No votes
PURPUREA! Romulus has had way too much luck!
36%
RUSSATA! They are sore losers and deserve to be, too!
9%
VENETA! I wonder if their score could drop below zero.
No votes
ALL OF THEM! Burn the circus! Burn it down!
9%

Total votes : 11

Your most HATED factio

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:37 pm

Salvete;

Well, we have the ludi Romani about to begin, and several circenses have already passed.

Now, my question is: what factio do you hate the most? This will influence the team standings at the end of the year, as the most hated factio will be losing 15 points (evil rule, isn't it!). And they make the difference!

So, consider carefully. Your votes can't be changed later.

Valete,
Draco
Last edited by Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:20 pm

Teehee, being the worst factio has its benefits - who'd hate poor little Veneta? :twisted:

And... Draco, as the only other poster, was that you who voted against Albata? Surely not trying to halt your own team's progress? :shock:

Bene vale,
Marcus Scribonius Curio Britannicus.
Marcus Scribonius Curio Agelastus
Rector ColHis, Senator

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:21 pm

No, it was Tiberius, the scoundrel. I'm going to have him beaten for this offence. :twisted:

Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Tiberius Dionysius Draco on Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:42 pm

Gnæus Dionysius Draco wrote:No, it was Tiberius, the scoundrel. I'm going to have him beaten for this offence. :twisted:

Draco

See, see!? This is exactly why I voted against him!

I'm sure that even though he says that the votes can't be changed later on, he'll change them himself. He can do that you know. Oops, he didn't forget to mention it did he :shock: !?

The dirty little cheat! :wink:

Valete

p.s: Down with Albata, victory for Russata!! :D
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Curator
Curator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:01 pm

Lol Tiberi, you are the one who throws the dice for the ludi so it's you who'll be bring about your own doom.

By the way, the gamble page is now open, and the main ludi page has been updated as well.

Vale!
Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:39 pm

The Dionysian Empire is crumbling! Its crumbling!!!!

**Curio scuttles fiendishly to his evil den, calls his revolutionary colleagues to a meeting in the kitchen sink, and cackles maniacally in anticipation of all his plans coming to fruition. Realising how stereotypical he's being, he thumps the desk in anger and goes back to reading his history of Venice.**

8)

Don't worry, mi Tiberi, I am keeping very close watch on the poll; if the results change radically to target a particular factio, I'll be very suspicious...

Ad honorem,
Rector ColHis, Senator

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:59 am

Salvete male

Ita Orce, this is the place to start the next round of invective? Something for our Latin Inquisition to deal with too.

Perite! Ilicet parasiticae arti maxumam malam crucem.

Adiuro te quicumque es et demando tibi ex oc die ex ac ora ex oc momento ut crucietur
Myrtiloa Venetae qui ex miserrimbis est naturae suae sordibus. Excito te demon qui hic conversans trado tibi hos equos, ut deteneas illos et inplicentur nec se movere possent.

Dea Ataecina Turibrigensis Proserpina tibei commendo, uti semper odio sit Hannibale f. Spurrina, diffututa mentula f. puella defututa. Glorissima Dea, commendo tibi quoniam male dixit partourientem, currant cuillic et demones infernales obligate illis equis pedes ne currere possint, illis equis quorum nomina hic scripta et demandata habetis: Incletus, Nitidus, Patricius, Natua, Tacharchen, ne currere possint cras et perendie et omnibus horis in circo ruant, quomodo et tu iucundu emeritus es bios thanatos; iam iam cito cito quoniam deducunt illos syphoniachi daimones.

Dite, te rogo, qui infernales partes tenes, commendo tibi salaputium Maximo f. Eugia ut eum celerius abducas infernales partibus in numeru tu abias. Desumatur ut facia ilum sine sensum, sine memoria, sine ritu, sine medulla, sit vi mutuscus. Age age iam iam cito cito ede ede tachu tachu..

Di inferi, vobis comendo, si quicquam sactitates habetes ac tadro Damnatore culiola, quodquod agat quod incidant omnia in adversa. Dii inferi, vobis comendo illius membra colore figura caput capilla umbra cerebru frunte supercilia os nasu mentu bucas labra verbu alitu colu iocur umeros cor pulmones intestinas ventre brachia digitos manus umbilicu visica femena genua crura talos planta tigidos. Dii inferi, tibei comendo istum Damnatore puducule f. muliebris togae et raedae cum lenonibus eum tu pessimo leto adficias.

Male vivete et valete, et ite in malam crucem
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Forgot one...

Postby Aldus Marius on Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:34 pm

Mi Draco, you forgot to add a poll option for "the whole boiling".

I cheer for no Faction, nor do I boo any (though the one with a driver in it named Callidus came very close to getting me to do it). I just watch...and listen...and see what happens, in the way all good Shaman/naturalists do. I find your reports on each race interesting and entertaining (yes, care amice, I do read them). But I have no favorite; and as this activity is taking up more and more of the Board's space, time and resources (a gambling section, mi amice...? I understand from the authenticity angle but...Why?), I am becoming rather burnt out on the sport as a whole, and seek relief from it.

Hence my hypothetical poll answer: Everybody.

In fide, at least to his better nature,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:48 am

Salve Mari,

You've been served at your whim. As aedilis, my aim is to please the sodales :-P.

Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Done.

Postby Aldus Marius on Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:25 pm

I thank you, kind Sir; and now that I have been enabled to vote my conscience, I have done so.

[bows]

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:03 pm

Ooops.. It seems that I have made a mistake! I've mistaken! I wanted to vote for praesina, but I accidently clicked purpurea. Can't it be revoked?
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Tarquinius Dionysius on Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:58 pm

Q. C. Locatus Barbatus wrote:Ooops.. It seems that I have made a mistake! I've mistaken! I wanted to vote for praesina, but I accidently clicked purpurea. Can't it be revoked?

Why exactly do you want to vote on yourself? :?:
Tarquinius Dionysius
Senator
Senator

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:05 am

Don't I have the right to hate myself?

No, no just joking :twisted:
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:07 am

Salve Locate Barbate

Quite alright. I'll take whatever votes I can get for my team. One does not become consul by quibbling over from where they receive a few votes.

Si vales, valeo
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Anonymous on Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:49 pm

What is this all about? Ludi Societatis I guess means Society Games, right?
Anonymous

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:13 pm

Salve Flave,

Yup, sort of. It means "games of the society".

They are harmless virtual recreations of chariot racing, mainly. Charioteers were divided in colour groups along the colours of their hats. There were actually only four traditional factiones (Albata, Russata, Veneta and Praesina). Purpurea and Aurata were added by Domitianus but were abandoned after his death. SVR has brought them all back.

Members can "sponsor" a chariot. The rules and workings of these games can be found on the ludi pagesthemselves, along with some other information. If you wish, you are very welcome to sponsor one of your own of course for the next ludi (the ones after the ludi Romani) ;).

On long term, it would be nice to expand our games section with gladiators, who knows. During the ludi Apollinares there was a review contest too but that didn't generate much interest.

Vale bene!
Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:38 pm

[color=purple]Salvete

Gnæus Dionysius Draco wrote:. During the ludi Apollinares there was a review contest too but that didn't generate much interest.

Hey, I was busy. It was a good try. I would like to see some of our ludi be more than chariot races. A poetry contest might be nice, but do we have any real poets? Or we might try a short story contest, best (original) photo (for our website), but there are other options open to us.

Valete optime
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:53 pm

Ave amice!

M Moravi Horati Piscine wrote:Hey, I was busy. It was a good try. I would like to see some of our ludi be more than chariot races. A poetry contest might be nice, but do we have any real poets? Or we might try a short story contest, best (original) photo (for our website), but there are other options open to us.

Oh, I wasn't blaming you or anyone in particular ;). Well I guess the Ludi Apollinares came a bit at a bad timing as well, at the start of the modern vacation season.

Poetry or short stories may be a good idea. I write poetry and prose but most of it is in Dutch although I have a collection of English poems, too. I still intend to someday rewrite that "Roman sf" story I wrote.

Vale bene,
Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:05 pm

Salve,

Draco, you should re-write the sf story! But with all the people from SVR instead! Although that does present 1 problem... Who's gonna be the bad guy? :wink:

Bene vale,
Rector ColHis, Senator

Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:36 pm

Marcus Scribonius Curio wrote:Draco, you should re-write the sf story! But with all the people from SVR instead! Although that does present 1 problem... Who's gonna be the bad guy?

YOU :twisted:.

Curio, the evil terrorist threatening the peaceful order of the Dionysian Empire!

Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Next

Return to Ludi Societatis