Salvete Omnes!

Salvete, new amici; tell us a bit about yourselves! But this is no ordinary Intro forum; you will learn quite a bit about the rest of us too. >({|:-)

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Salvete Omnes!

Postby Annia Minucia Marcella on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:32 am

I am Annia Minucia Marcella, I'm also a member of Nova Roma. In NR I am a governor of Nova Britannia. I am also on Roman Space, my profile is:

http://romanspace.ning.com/profile/AnniaMinuciaMarcella

And that's my intro!

8)
Annia Minucia Marcella
II. Legionary
II. Legionary

Postby Quintus Servilius Priscus on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:43 am

Salve,

Welcome to the SVR! I hope you received my Welcome e-mail? I think you find we are more laid back here and not as intense as NR. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. If I can't answer it someone will gladly jump in to help. I've just set-up a RomanSpace page the other day also.

http://romanspace.ning.com/profile/Quin ... iusPriscus

I was Tribunus Plebis last yearin NR and was Governor of America Medioccidentalis Superior for about four years.

Vale,
Quintus Servilius Priscus
Censor, Curator
Quintus Servilius Priscus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Annia Minucia Marcella on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:47 am

Thank you!

Yes I recieved the welcome letter.
Annia Minucia Marcella
II. Legionary
II. Legionary

Postby Q Valerius on Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:55 pm

Annia Minucia Marcella! Glad to see you here as well! Hic est Poplicola! :D
Q Valerius
Eques
Eques

Salve!

Postby Aldus Marius on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:25 pm

Salve, Annia Minucia!

...et Hic est Marius, from waayyyy back in the neveryon! I governed Provincia America Austroccidentalis for a time; then I went a-wandering, putting some serious mileage on my cognomen, and fetched up here. I'm your humble Forum admin and the Webmaster hereabouts; but in a fit of resonance, the Societas just made me a legatus for the Texas/Oklahoma region. Feels like old times--! >({|:-D

You are most welcome here. We like our "dual Citizens" (Cives/Sodales); they tend to be some of our best people!

I'm not on RomanSpace yet (would you believe I'm on dialup?); I'm still experimenting with browser configurations that won't choke on rich media. But I've been by your villa on Mons Aventinus, and last week I moved onto the Campus Martius m'self. (I'm a veteran; it just felt right...) Via Tecta, first insula if you'd like to visit; I've started unpacking my books!

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Ave, Annia Minucia Marcella

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:33 pm

Ave atque salve, Annia Minucia Marcella -

I'm Valerius Claudius Iohannes, one of three current SVR Curators, and very glad to make your acquaintance. Although not a member of NR, as a number of us are here, I've subscribed at Yahoo to their main list, both to watch this other Roman organization go forward and see there what I can't see here. (And, of course, that list also has all the fireworks going on!)

It's an honor to have you on board. I hope you'll find time here to speak up, contribute, and educate.

Vale bene.
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Re: Salve!

Postby Annia Minucia Marcella on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:56 am

Aldus Marius wrote:I'm not on RomanSpace yet (would you believe I'm on dialup?); I'm still experimenting with browser configurations that won't choke on rich media. But I've been by your villa on Mons Aventinus, and last week I moved onto the Campus Martius m'self. (I'm a veteran; it just felt right...) Via Tecta, first insula if you'd like to visit; I've started unpacking my books!

Yes, I saw your page on Mons Aventinus and that's what brought me here, hehe.
Annia Minucia Marcella
II. Legionary
II. Legionary

Well, now...!

Postby Aldus Marius on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:30 am

>({|8-)

*[that's Marian Runic for "Well, whaddya know...!"]
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Re: Salvete Omnes!

Postby Annia Minucia Marcella on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Well I haven't been on here for a while but I'll probably come here more often. I have rid myself of Nova Roma. The straw the broke the camel's back was the insidious lucius cornelius sulla threatened a lawsuit againt NR in order to be put on the board of directors and the censors capitulated. What a bastard.

Anyway, now that I don't have to deal with the mess and drama of NR, I'll have more time to come here and actually enjoy being a Roman.
Annia Minucia Marcella
II. Legionary
II. Legionary

Postby Aldus Marius on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:50 am

Ita, we're good for that. >({|;-)

Welcome back!

-- Marius, Historical Re-Creationist (id est, This is supposed to be enjoyable!)
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Marcus Lupinius Paulus on Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:22 am

Annia Minucia Marcella wrote:Well I haven't been on here for a while but I'll probably come here more often. I have rid myself of Nova Roma. The straw the broke the camel's back was the insidious lucius cornelius sulla threatened a lawsuit againt NR in order to be put on the board of directors and the censors capitulated. What a bastard.

Anyway, now that I don't have to deal with the mess and drama of NR, I'll have more time to come here and actually enjoy being a Roman.

Sulla is back? After how many years?

Paulus
Marcus Lupinius Paulus
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Introductions