New member: Cn. Cornelius Lentulus

Salvete, new amici; tell us a bit about yourselves! But this is no ordinary Intro forum; you will learn quite a bit about the rest of us too. >({|:-)

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

New member: Cn. Cornelius Lentulus

Postby Cn. Cornelius Lentulus on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Cn. Cornelius Lentulus sodalibus Societatis Viae Romanae salutem plurimam dicit:

Salvete, sodales!

I'm Cn. Cornelius Lentulus, citizen of Nova Roma since 2004, and now I have decided to join this brother organization. It seems to me an excellent and friendly place, and I enjoy it very much reading the archieves.

I'm a Hungarian Roman, I live in Budapest where I teach Latin in a high school and in the same time I'm still a graduate student of university on the department of classical studies, Greek and Latin languages and culture.

I'm practitioner of the Roman religion and am a supporter of the living Latin movement. I'm also a reenactor centurio of the Pannonian Legio XXI Rapax, and a civilian reenactor, too, and in the Nova Roman Republic I have various civil and religious functions.

So you can see my interests involve almost all things Roman, including religion, Latin, linguistics, literature, reenactment and Roman law.

I already see many people here who are friends or whom I know, including my amica Livia Plauta (we live in the same city), and so many others, among them my former name sake, who is now known as Q. Servilius Priscus, but I'm seaking for new friends to know, too!

Curate, uti valeatis optime!

Cn. Cornelius Lentulus
sodalis SVR 8)
Cn. Cornelius Lentulus
Socius
Socius

Salve

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:56 pm

Salve, Gnae Cornelii Lentule -

We're honored. And, all the more, since you're a friend of the wonderful Lucia Livia Plauta.

Hoc in foro situque libenter erra, Lentule. Glad to have you.

Vale.
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Small World!

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:28 am

Salve, clare Gnae Corneli!

I believe we've crossed paths on the Nova Roma Wiki! Many of us are or have been in Nova Roma; and on Mons Aventinus, L Vitellius Triarius' virtual-Rome Wiki project, I think there are about equal numbers of SVRomani and active Novaromani. 'Tis a small world indeed! >({|:-)

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Marcus Lupinius Paulus on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:12 pm

Salve Lentulus!

Glad to see a new face here! What attracted you to our little community?

paulus
Marcus Lupinius Paulus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Cn. Cornelius Lentulus on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:43 pm

Cn. Cornelius Lentulus Aldo Mario Peregrino, M. Lupinio Paulo, Valerio Claudio Iohanni salutem dicit:

Salvete!

Thank you all for the nice greetings.

Paulus asked:

What attracted you to our little community?

Well, I've lurked here for two years at least and I read the messages, so I'm not that new... 8) The first thing because of what I wanted to be here was that I saw there were many other Nova Roman citizens here, including our consul, so I thought this is a place where my friends are there. The second was that I saw it is a good place where interesting discussions are going. The third was that I wanted to show through my example that Nova Romans are not that bad... :twisted:

Aldus Marius said:

I believe we've crossed paths on the Nova Roma Wiki!

Yes, it's true! I am a regular editor of the NRWiki, and we have read each other on the NRWiki mailing list.

Iohannes says kindly:

We're honored.

Me too!

And, all the more, since you're a friend of the wonderful Lucia Livia Plauta.

Livia is indeed a wonderful woman, full of energy and pep, with good sense of humor and intelligence. I'm glad I can be a real life friend of hers.

Hoc in foro situque libenter erra, Lentule.

Etsi libenter nunquam errarem, non timebo ne erraturus sim. Sed profecto errores mendaque mea habebo, sicut omnes homines saepe faciunt.

Curate, uti valeatis quam optime!

Cn. Cornelius Lentulus
sodalis vester SVR
Cn. Cornelius Lentulus
Socius
Socius

Return to Introductions