Salvete!

Salvete, new amici; tell us a bit about yourselves! But this is no ordinary Intro forum; you will learn quite a bit about the rest of us too. >({|:-)

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Salvete!

Postby Marcus Rubicundus Britannicus on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:21 pm

Hello friends, I return after a long absence. After some years of study, I am about to finish my M. A. in Film Studies. I have but a few finishing touches to add to my thesis, The Roman Age In Contemporary Culture, and I am done. I hope all are well, and I hope I shall be here more often than in the past.
Marcus Rubicundus Britannicus
Socius
Socius

Re: Salvete!

Postby Formosus Viriustus on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Salve,

Welcome back to Civilised Society. Hope you enjoy yourself as much here as I do.

Vale optime !
Formosus Viriustus

Re: Salvete!

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:07 am

Salve, Britannice -

Marcus Rubicundus Britannicus wrote:Hello friends, I return after a long absence. After some years of study, I am about to finish my M. A. in Film Studies. I have but a few finishing touches to add to my thesis, The Roman Age In Contemporary Culture, and I am done. I hope all are well, and I hope I shall be here more often than in the past.

We're glad to have you with us. Film Studies, eh? So your thesis must focus on cinematic representations of the Roman Age. Are we talking 'golden age', as in Augustan or Late Republican Rome? My first love of Rome came (quite predictably) from the movies.... If you have anything on that topic you wish to share with us, it deserves a thread of its own, I should think.

And if you enjoy this place half as much as Formosus does, you'll be smiling all the time, I think. 8) Vale.
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Return to Introductions