Living History Event at Lafe, Arkansas

Announcements about reenactments, conferences, history faires and other Roman organizations and events. Tell us what's happening in *your* Province this week!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Living History Event at Lafe, Arkansas

Postby Quintus Servilius Priscus on Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:49 am

From The Roman Way Forum http://www.theromanway.org

March 22-25, 2007

Lafe is a small town in NE Arkansas. Just outside of the town is a reconstructed Roman fort in progress with gate(s) ditch and berm, barracks building, and more.

Info at www.ad43.org -- check it out. Some of us on this forum(The Roman Way) are going this year. There has always been (always being, I think, the last 5 yrs) a large Roman presence. But this year, there has begun a movement to make for a larger Celt/Briton/Germanic/Pict involvement.

Quintus Servilius Priscus
Quintus Servilius Priscus
Curialis
Curialis

Castra Lafe

Postby C.AeliusEricius on Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:42 am

I'd give my eyeteeth to be able to do this. Alas, too many years and too many knocks.

C. Aelius Ericius.
C.AeliusEricius
II. Legionary
II. Legionary

Ohh, yes!

Postby Aldus Marius on Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:56 am

Salve, mi Erici!

Ohh, yes...ego quoque, and I'd sell any non-mission-essential body-parts for the chance to be there. But it won't be this year; hopefully by next spring I'll be self-propelled, and then I shall do my damnedest to go camp out with Dan Peterson's troops (He went last year, didja know?) in that homey-looking barrack-block.

On the TRW Board, I've taken to calling the town "Venta Lafensis", in the manner of all those little podunk barbarian market-towns scattered all over the Empire, usually within a short march of the neighborhood military installation. Then as now, every base must have its "Restaurant Row"... Veni; vidi Vici! (vicus, camp-followers' settlement)

My first-ever Total Immersion Roman Experience...!.....! (As if my life weren't a brave attempt at that already.)

Yeah! >({|:-D
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Roman Gatherings