Another Castra Romana! (Georgia, US)

Announcements about reenactments, conferences, history faires and other Roman organizations and events. Tell us what's happening in *your* Province this week!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Another Castra Romana! (Georgia, US)

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed May 23, 2007 11:56 pm

Avete commilitones!

From the Twentieth Legion's newsletter, the Adlocutio, comes the announcement of CASTRA ROMANA--ATLANTA! The details:

- - -

Fellow Roman Re-enactors:

I wanted to extend a personal invitation to all of you to attend Castra Romana-Atlanta, hosted by Legio XI Claudia Pia Fidelis, 14-17 June 2007 in Atlanta, GA.

This event is being held in conjunction with the US Army's 232nd Birthday celebration on Fort McPherson, GA. For more information on the event itself, I would refer you to the following websites:

http://11thlegion.com/castra_romana-atlanta_2007/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/castra-atlanta/

While I know that many of you have a busy schedule (especially those of you who, like me, intend to be there for Roman Days with Matthew [Amt, Commander, Twentieth Legion/Maryland, US]), we believe that this event will offer a great opportunity to show the professionalism of the Roman army to the professionals of the US Army.

Friends and families are welcome, and the Army is sponsoring many, many activities for family members.

Please try to work us into your schedules, and help me pass this invitation along to other re-enactors who might also be interested.

Valete,

Edge

Edward.Gibbons AT forscom DOT army DOT mil

- - -

I'm all for that! After all, the Romans had a bit to say in the evolution of close-order drill and of the professional army. Nothing wrong with putting these things in their wider historical perspective! >({|:-)

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Roman Gatherings