Nova Roma conventus in Dacia - July 30 - August 4

Announcements about reenactments, conferences, history faires and other Roman organizations and events. Tell us what's happening in *your* Province this week!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Nova Roma conventus in Dacia - July 30 - August 4

Postby L. Livia Plauta on Fri May 23, 2008 1:55 am

Salvete,
I know this is blatant promotion for the competition, but I thought some people might be interested in the Nova Roma conventus.
The deadline for making a reservation is May 31, and details can be found on
http://novaroma.org/nr/VI_Conventus_Novae_Romae

I'm definitely going to be there!
Valete,
Livia
L. Livia Plauta
I. Auxiliary
I. Auxiliary

Nulli Problema

Postby Aldus Marius on Fri May 23, 2008 4:26 am

Salve, mi Plauta--and welcome back!

Na, see, this is what we've been trying to get through to that Other Place for seven years: We're not in competition with them. What would we compete for, members? --Many of us are in, or at least involved with, both societies. Activities? --You hold it within four days' march of me and I'll be there, never mind who's hosting. Atmosphere? --SVR Rox and Rulez. No contest. >({|;-)

I firmly believe that there is no place for a sense of rivalry or "competitiveness" in the Roman community except in our striving for excellence. We are all Romans. An American founder once said "We must all hang together, or we shall surely hang separately." Anything any one of us does for Rome, in whatever venue, enriches us all. There just aren't enough of us in the world to allow for jealousy.

(There, I've said my little legatus piece.) <g>

As for advertising, I do feel a little iffy about other groups actively recruiting here unless some reciprocal agreement is in place. (Fair's fair.) We had a longish talk about allying with the Academia Thules a couple of years ago; it's in the Comitia, and might give you an idea of what kind of arrangement might work. But the Roman Gatherings forum exists to promote each others' events. Anyone who attends will form his or her own impressions of the hosting organisation, and of course we hope they will share their experiences here.

Thank you ever so much for putting up something about the VI Conventus!

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby L. Livia Plauta on Fri May 23, 2008 9:38 pm

Salve Mari,
I agree with every word you write.
And thanks for making the two threads "sticky".
Vale,
Livia
L. Livia Plauta
I. Auxiliary
I. Auxiliary

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:58 pm

Salvete Sodales

I've been so busy in Nova Roma that I rarely get to come back into SVR these days. Just to let everyone know, probably a bit late. I am going to Nova Roma's Conventus at the Thermae in Baile Hercule. I'm looking forward to meeting Lucia Livia there as well as a number of other new acquaintances from Nova Roma.

Valete optime
Piscinus
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Roman Gatherings