Teacher Needed

This collegium and forum are dedicated to the study, discussion, re-creation and application of classical Roman and Greek religion and philosophy.

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Teacher Needed

Postby M.Apollonius Silvanus on Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:28 pm

Salvete Omnes!

Is there Any one qualified in the Religio Romana on here that would be willing to teach a class on the Religio Romana on here or at another site? There is one site I visit that is for all paganus and they have all sorts of classes on there. The site is called Mystic Wicks and I started a thread on there asking for someone to start a class,but so far no one has steped up to the plate.

If your interested and would like to teach the class on that site the link to my thread is http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=186983 .

The reason I suggested the other place is because there is alot more people active on that site and may be more successful. Many times people will be interested in taking a class just to learn about another path, and who knows we may get some converts and more people over here.

But by all means if there is enough interest on SVR then that would be great.

Salvete,
Silvanus
Marcvs Apollonivs Silvanvs
Ordo Plebeivs-SVR
M.Apollonius Silvanus
I. Auxiliary
I. Auxiliary

Multi-Talented Member

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:11 am

Salve, mi Silvane, et Salvete omnes!

When not running Nova Roma ragged <g>, M Horatius Piscinus used to teach an online course in the Religio Romana for the Academia Thules ( http://www.academiathules.org/ ). I'm not sure if he still does; he's kinda busy...but Piscinus was our Pontifex Maximus for as long as we had one, and the calendar he wrote for us is still the mainstay of our religious life. He has also held religious office in Nova Roma itself, and is currently an augur and Flamen Carmentalis.

The Academia Thules grew out of Nova Roma but is not an official part of it. The courses there are fairly rigorous, the quality of instruction high; other studies include classical archaeology, Roman law, military science, and even a "citizenship class" for prospective Nova Romans. Some time ago the AT approached the Societas about an alliance of some sort, in which they could teach (or at least announce) classes here, and recruit instructors from among our Sodales. They have a link to us on their site...and will get one on ours as soon as I figure out where to put it.

You might want to get in touch with the AT. Anyone you know who is interested can take the courses there; per our agreement, the Academia could even teach it here, possibly in a reserved section of the Forum. (Curatores, would y'all be the ones to arrange this if need be?)

Bonam fortunam!
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby M.Apollonius Silvanus on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Salve, mi Mari,

Thanks for the link and info..I'll check the site out and be sure to keep my eye out here too.

Vale,

Silvanus
Marcvs Apollonivs Silvanvs
Ordo Plebeivs-SVR
M.Apollonius Silvanus
I. Auxiliary
I. Auxiliary

Return to Collegium Religionum et Philosophiarum