Dioscuri

This collegium and forum are dedicated to the study, discussion, re-creation and application of classical Roman and Greek religion and philosophy.

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Dioscuri

Postby Spurius Mamilius Lucanus on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:44 am

Salvete,

I have a friend in Neos Alexandria (a Greek and Egyptian polytheist group) who is editing an anthology specifically for the Dioscuri. The group has published anthologies for other Gods, including Artemis and Hekate (I contributed to these). If anyone is interested, please let me know and I can send you the details that he gave me. Thanks!
Sp. Mamilius Lucanus

'Know Thyself.' -Delphic Maxim
Spurius Mamilius Lucanus
I. Auxiliary
I. Auxiliary

Re: Dioscuri

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:15 am

Salve, Lucane -

Sorry to be a bit dense, but I'm curious: Were these scholarly/critical anthologies or perhaps fiction anthologies? Were they published on the site or commercially?
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Postby Spurius Mamilius Lucanus on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:22 pm

It all depends on the authors and the editors. Some poetry, modern devotions, experiences, opinions, but then also researched essays. But the point of the anthologies are really devotional and put out by modern polytheists or pagans who have some relationship to or interest in the God or Goddess in the title. I can post a link to them and also the full ad for the Dioscuri one, if you would allow it here. It is better explained that way than my shorter responses. What I wrote were verses based on my knowledge of mythology and cult, with my own creative/personal style of course. They are published commercially as a book, but the profits are donated to a charity that the members feel would best honor the God or Goddess involved.
Sp. Mamilius Lucanus

Spurius Mamilius Lucanus
I. Auxiliary
I. Auxiliary

Postby Aldus Marius on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:23 am

Salve, mi Lucane, et Salvete omnes,

> I can post a link to them and also the full ad for the Dioscuri one, if you would allow it here.

[in Superhero Announcer voice] This is a call for...Webmaster!!

...who approves wholeheartedly. I mean, I've published entire other-peoples'-newsletters in the Roman Gatherings forum; how could I not allow such an announcement here?

The same goes for all of you, Sodalis or non-, who have invitations to or are involved with reenactments, calls-for-papers/scholarly symposia, Living Latin events, religio observances...anything Roman that live people are going to. And if you run such a group or event yourself, by all means post it (again, in Roman Gatherings) so those of us in different areas can be aware of anything going on in their neck of the woods. Even if the event is not open to the public, feel free to announce it here...on condition that you tell us afterwards how it went! >({|:-)

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Spurius Mamilius Lucanus on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:44 am

OK, cool! Here is the link. I hope some folks might be interested to contribute. I have yet to be inspired myself, but might consider submitting something...

http://www.neosalexandria.org/dioskouroi_devotional.htm
Sp. Mamilius Lucanus

Spurius Mamilius Lucanus
I. Auxiliary
I. Auxiliary

Return to Collegium Religionum et Philosophiarum