COLLEGIUM RELIGIONIS

This collegium and forum are dedicated to the study, discussion, re-creation and application of classical Roman and Greek religion and philosophy.

Moderator: Aldus Marius

COLLEGIUM RELIGIONIS

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Fri May 07, 2004 12:27 pm

EX DOMO RECTOR COLLEGIAE RELIGIONIS

Salvete comreligiones et sodales omnes. Bonum habete animum.

I am very pleased to announce this Nonae that our new calendar for the Religio Romana has now been put up by our Aediles, and that it is accessible directly from the collegium's main page. In addition our project for the collection, translation and posting of pagan prayers has advance. Maximus gratias aedilibus noster ago.

This raises a question, in my mind at least, of what direction we should now seek for our collegium. Election of a new rector will be coming soon, next month I believe. I am reluctant to run once more. While the pages of our collegium has greatly grown through our efforts and have taken shape under my direction, I feel that I have taken us nearly as far as I might. It is time that the sodales of this collegium voice their opinions on what new directions we might take and find candidates that may take us further into other areas of our collegium's concerns. Therefore I am placing this thread in our forum for all sodales to discuss the collegium itself and its progress.

Valete et vivete in pacem deorum
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Sat May 08, 2004 8:43 pm

Salve Piscine
I guess i will start here. I have to admit that i'm also relunctant to become rector of this collegium. There are some pretty big shoes to fill.
Anyway, this collegium has been more about Roman and Hellenic religion(s), i for one would find it interesting that more religions are debated here like for example, the religion of the Carthaginians, Phoenicians, Egyptians, etc... The religions of the Carthaginians and Phoenicians are connected, but also have some kind of a bad rep due to the human sacrifices that has been associated with this religion.
And how these deities are seen and worshipped today. Maybe others have some good suggestions.
vale
Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Sun May 09, 2004 3:40 am

Salvete Comreligiones Omnes,

Despite his modesty, I would urge my friend Orcus to run as rector (should Piscinus need a well-deserved break). His enthusiasm for ancient religions has shined through his voluminous and detailed postings.

Romulus Aurelius Orcus for Rector!

Valete,

Tergestus
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Sun May 09, 2004 1:58 pm

Salve Tergeste
thank you, i'm flattered that you think of my this way. Personally i might consider running for rector if there's a partnership between myself and Piscinus. A partnership where Piscinus is the consultant, adviser, that is if Piscinus decides not to run for rector.
vale
Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Thu May 13, 2004 10:14 am

Salvete Sodales

I have already announced in the Senate that I will not be seeking any office in next month's elections. However, I will still be around to offer my opinion on any matter related to the Religio Romana.

Valete optime
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Fri May 14, 2004 8:01 pm

Salvete sodales

With Piscinus not seeking another term as rector of this collegium, i will try to fill in his shoes, but anyone else who feels that they are qualified to become rector, can run for office for rector.
Piscine, i'm pretyy sure that the new rector (whoever he or she may be) will listen to what you have to offer. You have done a great job, these last couple of years of running this collegium.
valete optime
Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Return to Collegium Religionum et Philosophiarum