Paean Aurorae

This collegium and forum are dedicated to the study, discussion, re-creation and application of classical Roman and Greek religion and philosophy.

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Postby Anonymous on Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:43 pm

Salvete!

You both lost me a couple of posts ago but we actually have a Cleveland of our own which is also renowned for its dismal shores! And for its chemical plants and the curiously deformed fish that thrive in its waters. Mind you we don't talk about it much!

I actually recalled having heard that your Cleveland was built upon the mouth of Hell but I couldn't remember where. I mentioned it to Lizard Woman (Mrs Brutus, who knows about these things) and she reminded me that it was in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer! It's remarkable how one can absorb such information subliminably from the TV while not paying any attention at all!

I was trying to think of something to say about Pittsburg as well, for the sake of balance, but we don't have one of them. However there was a bit of a smell here a while ago when the Steelers tried to sue one of our admittedly indifferent Ice Hockey teams, the Sheffield Steelers, for nicking their name. The Sheffield officials based their defence on never having heard of the team or indeed of Pittsburg!

Valete!
Anonymous

Previous

Return to Collegium Religionum et Philosophiarum