Latin Composition

Forum and collegium dedicated to the teaching, writing, speaking and interpretation of Latin, ancient Greek and other languages of related cultures.

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Topical Latin

Postby Aldus Marius on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:13 am

Salvete omnes...

>> Quis est custos fori huius? Res ad linguam Latinam loquendam est instituenda!

Anyone can start a topic just for Latin conversation; this would indeed be a welcome addition; you needn't wait on me. Another possibility is to schedule Latin chat sessions with each other, time-zones permitting...the Confabulatorium is sadly underused. (Now that I can finally access the thing, I can't find anybody!)

> Puto ut Tiberius Dionysius Draco et K. C. Duellianus sunt, sed tamen hic numquam video.

Not fair. It's true that Duellianus seems to have vanished sometime last Spring; I'd be happy to see him again, we had some good talks. But I have been in near-constant touch with Tiberius Draco, who, as noted elsewhere, had to carry the Web site pretty much by himself for maybe two and a half years. He has posted here regularly, though maybe not always in every forum...but who does? We've worked on a few projects together; I still point in his general direction when I have to yell for help, and I get timely and relevant replies. I'd hardly call him 'invisible'.

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Bene esset Latine loqui

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:41 am

(Nimis benignus eris, Prime! Ego modo barbarus sum. Gratias tibi. Credo aliter de meis verbis alii iudicabunt!)
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

Previous

Return to Collegium Linguarum