Latin MadLibs!

Forum and collegium dedicated to the teaching, writing, speaking and interpretation of Latin, ancient Greek and other languages of related cultures.

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Latin MadLibs!

Postby Aldus Marius on Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:35 am

Salvete omnes!

Check it out...Latin MadLibs!

To do one

To create your own

OK, what's a MadLib?

MadLibs is a word-game that's been circulating in the US for as long as I can remember; I'm not sure if it's shown up anywhere else. It's the original "fill-in-the-blanks" puzzle; one person has a pad of paper, each page with a little scenario on it, but it's missing some nouns, some verbs, some adjectives... The person with the pad asks another person (or people) to supply the missing parts of speech. Of course, the supplier doesn't know what the story's about, so the results are often hilarious...

Writer: OK, I need a verb.
Supplier: Umm....'paddle'.
Writer: Uh huh...now a noun...
Supplier: Steam-engine.
Writer: Two adjectives...?
Supplier: Hrr....green, growing!
Writer: Annnd....a geological feature.
Supplier: Ravine!

Here the writer takes a deep breath and proceeds to inform his coworker that the protagonist of that little story refused a raft and decided to paddle his steam-engine down a green, glowing ravine!

...Bene, now you get to do it in Latin. >({|:-)

Since this is put up for entertainment purposes (and since it's addleheaded Mari reviewing it), I can't vouch for the accuracy of the Latin...but it still sounds like fun.

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Q Valerius on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:03 am

But Quintus Valerius can review the Latin.
Q Valerius
Eques
Eques

Return to Collegium Linguarum