Venator - vidi, veni

Salvete, new amici; tell us a bit about yourselves! But this is no ordinary Intro forum; you will learn quite a bit about the rest of us too. >({|:-)

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Venator - vidi, veni

Postby Venii on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:06 pm

Valetudo quod fortuna omnes;

Venator scripsit;

Good morning (afternoon, evening as the case may be) 8)

Some here will remember me as Stephanus Ullerius Venator Piperbarbus, a longtime (and continuing, since July 1998 CE) Citizen of Nova Roma.

Under the naming conventions of the SVR, I will be known amongst you as Lucius Horatius Venator Piperbarbus. I am here because of an "offlist" contact from one of the SVR members about one of my poems. I saw a place of interest, so I came to join.

By reading thus far, you have earned the right to address me as Venator or Venii. :D

I founded (February 1999 CE) and still head the Sodalitas Coquorum et Cerevisiae Coctorum (Society of Cooks and Brewers). This Sodality is open to both Citizens of Nova Roma and Non-Citizens; the main requirements being a love of Roman food, drink, dining, cooking and brewing; both Ancient and Modern. If interested, search for Sodalis_Coq_et_Coq at Yahoo Groups.

I have served as Quaestor, Rogator (when it was the election official) and am currently Diribitor (vote counter). I was also a Provincial Legate for a few years.

I am most noted, though, for my writings in prose and poetry, which many have praised. I am always grateful when I am told my words are of some utility or entertainment value.

Beyond the internet, I work in retail sales. My interests and skill range from the Neolithic to the Nanolithic, My personal library totals over 10,000 books, 5000 keeper issues of periodicals, 600 movies and 2000 music LPs/tapes and CD's.

My beloved wife Anita and I have been married over 24 years. We have 3 cats to whom we are personal staff: Kestrel, Hildiekat and Chesapeake.

I am an adherant of the Religio Septentrionalis. That is, I worship the Aesir and Vanir; the Gods and Goddesses of the Northern Tribal Peoples. I do respect the Olympians, as I do have a large "Southern" presence in my ancestry.

Probably too many sesterces worth :twisted:

Valete!

In amicus sub fidelis - Venator
In amicitia - Venii

Fewer laws and more justice; these are the keys to a stronger Res Publica.
Venii
Socius
Socius

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:07 am

Salve bene Venator!

10,000 books :?: And here I thought you lived in a northern wilderness with nothing better to do than brew mead (Hm, which btw my mead should be about ready in another month.) :lol:

Well, I have always enjoyed your songs, and your posts on many other subjects as well. I would like to see more discussed in SVR on Roman cooking and brewing. But now you also have me curious about your music library.

It is especially good to see you here. Welcome to SVR!

Cura ut valeas
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Ave Iterum!

Postby Aldus Marius on Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:41 am

I said this in CollArt, but it bears elaboration and repeating:

((((( VENII !!! )))))

A huge Welcome to one of my oldest and best friends in Nova Roma!

Yes, I had some. And Venator was the first. >({|:-D

In flagrante amicitia,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Introductions