Another Newbie

Salvete, new amici; tell us a bit about yourselves! But this is no ordinary Intro forum; you will learn quite a bit about the rest of us too. >({|:-)

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Another Newbie

Postby Wes on Thu May 17, 2007 6:52 am

Greetings!

My name is Wes Olson, from OFallon, MO, (just West of St. Louis) Working up a 1st century kit. I jusst found this Board after being on Rat, and Roman Way for awhile. I hope to be able to contribute!

Respectfully,

Wes
Titus Calidius Agricola
Wes
Socius
Socius

Postby Anonymous on Thu May 17, 2007 7:28 am

Welcome Titus!
I am also a newbie to this forum, hope to get to know everyone here better.
Anonymous

Postby Wes on Thu May 17, 2007 5:32 pm

OK, a bit more:

I am married, 2 kids (daughters 5 and 7) I'll be 37 in June. I have been in Law Enforcement for the past 6 years, 12 years at Trans World Airlines before that, until the went bankrupt.

I have been doing 18th Century stuff for the last 24 years or so, but always liked medieval and Roman stuff. I used to make chainmaille and other armour as a kid, so that may prove useful. I have a buddy here in Missouri that got me into this, seriously, but there are other groups that get together and beat on each other with foam swords, but they are not into the actual historic or PC stuff.

We are trying to put together a gladiatorial group as well, ad we do presentations to schools, home schoolers, church groups, etc. But he does most of it, my work schedule and Honey-do lists usually conflict.

I missed Lafe this year, hopefully next year. I will probably be attatched to the A.D. 43 group. Thats me in a nutshell, hope to be a positive and productive new team-member on the board.

Respectfully,

Wes Olson
Titus Calidius Agricola
Wes
Socius
Socius

Double or Nuthin'?

Postby Aldus Marius on Fri May 18, 2007 3:28 am

Ave Wes! Good to see you over here too! (Just can't get enough Romanitas, eh?) <g>

[Ed. note: 'RAT' = the Roman Army Talk board; 'Roman Way' = The Roman Way (TRW), which accepted a certain Peregrinus of your acquaintance and is now returning the favor.] >({|;-)

In amicitia,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Introductions