Edictum Curatoriale: Feriae Latinae, April 20, 2761 AUC

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Postby Valerius Claudius Iohanes on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:28 pm

I, Valerius Claudius Iohannes, as Curator Societatis Viae Romanae, Declare:

- That the coming 20th April, 2761 AUC (2008 CE) is herewith pronounced the Day of Feriae Latinae for the Societas Via Romana (the SVR);

- That on that day, the traditional Roman rites proper to the Feriae Latinae and the rites of worship for Iuppiter Latiaris shall be celebrated by sodales of the SVR;

- That, if it is at all possible, the rites of worship for Iuppiter Latiaris shall be observed by at least one representative of the SVR as they are performed atop Monte Albano, Oaxaca, Mexico;

- That, as practical and possible, representatives of the SVR shall attend celebrations of Feriae Latinae in Austin, Texas, USA; and also

- That our participation on this day, in whichever place, will mark an international coming-together in friendship of multiple Roman societies, including the SVR, Nova Roma, The Roman Way, and other organizations devoted to the classical world.
Valerius Claudius Iohannes
Curator anno MMDCCLXII
Centurio Honorarius Societatis
Civis ab MMDCCLIV

:: Adversitas bono viro intelligentiam docet. ::
Valerius Claudius Iohanes
Curator
Curator

Location: Sancti Leandri Oppidum, California Franciscencis, Conpactae Civitates Americae

The Goings-On

Postby Aldus Marius on Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:56 am

Salvete, amici Romani!

We now have a semi-final schedule of events for the Feriae Latinae celebration. Saturday the 19th's going to be pretty much a run-around-and-see-Austin day; everything below takes place on Sunday, April 20th:

10 AM - Rites to Iupiter Latiaris at a local park (still looking for the best one for our needs.)

NOON - Sunday brunch at Cannoli Joe's (excellent Italian place; TRW holds their monthly Meet-&-Eat there)

2 PM - Guided Tour of the Blanton Museum's European collection: http://www.blantonmuseum.org/

4 PM - rest / free time (while Aurelia sets up for dinner)

7-9 PM - Roman Dinner at the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Austin: This dinner will include ancient recipes and a showing of a BBC presentation on Rome. I think this is also when our groups might want to "talk shop", if we didn't do it over lunch.

Profundas et multibus gratias ad TRW's Aurelia, who's been setting all this up for us, and finding us lodgings besides! (yes, even for the Little Dog) ]{:o)

In amicitia,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Feriae Latinae giveaways!

Postby Aldus Marius on Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:07 am

...and I did up some promotional items to give away at the Rally (design by Marius; produced by VistaPrint.com). Note: the dashed lines are not part of the design; they just show the available "image area" for composition purposes.

Our lovely business card...

...and the commemorative postcard for the event.

[img]http://societasviaromana.net/images/VistaPrint-Postcard[rev].jpg[/img]

(The back has a brief description of the Societas and what we're up to.)

I've printed 250 of the former, and 100 of the latter, and I'd be happy to send some to anyone who wants to brag on us in their own neck of the woods.

Whaddya think'a *that*?? >({|:-)

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Comitia