daily life of a greek

Facets of everyday Roman life, from food to travel to petkeeping. "How did the Romans...?" answered here!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Fri May 02, 2003 11:12 am

Chairete,

If you need any help, count me in. The reason why this project has never really gotten off the ground is the fact that our rector has been inactive and unresponsive.

However, I propose to coordinate this project myself. I further propose that we, for our first "exercise" limit ourselves to daily life in Athens in the 5th and 4th century BCE, as Alexander suggested, since Athens is the best known city and most information we have about ancient Greece comes from that city.

Let us divide the subject "daily life" in the following sub-topics:
* general overview (how long a normal day lasted, on what ours they ate, worked, slept..., possibly how they measured time)
* food and drinking habits
* work, finances and welfare
* women-men-relationship
* health
* sexuality

So, these are six sub-topics. I propose that every sub-topic is about one A4's length (more is always allowed, of course!). When it's finished, post it here and/or send it to my private adress so I can correct the English or, if you'd like to write in Dutch, translate it into English. Of course everyone can also pick more than one topic.

So, what do you say?

Kat'èrènèn,
Drakon
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Fri May 02, 2003 12:15 pm

Khaire Draco

It was about time this project was taken out of the freezer. So one page for one sub-topic. I supose that this is the maximum length or is this the minimum length? I suggest that the minimum length for one sub-topic is half of one page.
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Anonymous on Fri May 02, 2003 2:47 pm

Chairete sas,

Drakon, I think it to be great that you will coördinate the project. I do wonder if a limit beforehand will cover the effort. However, we could start taking by your preposal and do more afterwards if it turned out to be incomplete or that we are unsatisfied. Who else is in?

chairetismous,

Hellenos
Anonymous

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Fri May 02, 2003 2:53 pm

Khairete
I'm defintly in and i'm already working on it. Who else will join in on this project? Locate, did you not say that you wanted to help out aswell?
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Fri May 02, 2003 3:25 pm

Philoi,

I would say one A4 page is the minimum and yes, of course we can expand later! But I think we should start out small. Too much ambition is never a good thing, imho. Moderation and all that ;).

Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Previous

Return to Collegium Vitae Quotidianae