New name

Salvete, new amici; tell us a bit about yourselves! But this is no ordinary Intro forum; you will learn quite a bit about the rest of us too. >({|:-)

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

New name

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Thu May 29, 2003 3:32 pm

Salvete

The last couple of days I was thinking about changing my first name. From now on i shall be called Romulus Aurelius Orcus instead of Sokarus.
Valete optime
Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Fri May 30, 2003 11:07 am

Salve Sokare, um, Romule,

I like your new name! Truly, you can't get much more Roman than that can you ;).

Vale,
Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Fri May 30, 2003 11:24 am

Salve Draco
Thank you. I know, that is why i chose it.
vale
Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Anonymous on Sat May 31, 2003 6:44 pm

Cha~ire fílos filhéllenos µou,

are we adressing you by a new name or as a new person :)

fílos sou,

Héllenos
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous on Sat May 31, 2003 6:58 pm

Cha~ire Romule :wink:,

did you know I have an alter-ego. (We Greeks tend to be full of ourselves 8) you know we invented Hubris :wink:) He is called Sebastianus Lovensianus Artifex, but I doubt even Drákon gives something unethical I won't typ here about it. [Eventhough Vespasianus didn't mind, but he was kind of post-republican and I assume we rerenaissancepeople (who are so mad they take inspiration for there neologisms from the greek Participium Praesens :D) we act as 'boni' from republican times] , so anyways, that's not the topic here. For some time I thought about letting Artifex join SVR too. He's a real Roman you know, no arty-farty-gay Greek stuff. Though, anyone who'll tell me the Greek invented homosexuality, I will tell him unethical things to his unscientific face and teach him a thing or two about a thing or two. Now this post beïng about my alter-ego, I ask myself; do we exept scholars goïng mad during examination on the forum?
Anonymous

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Sat May 31, 2003 7:05 pm

Hellenos,
some adress me as Sokare/ Sokarus, others as Orce/ Orcus, but with my new first name, you can either adres me as Romulus or Orcus, its your choice, although there is another member here that has the same first name as i do, so Orcus might be the right way to adress me even though Romulus is okay to.
Damn, i'm rambling here. Hellenos, you are correct, we do seem to go mad during examnations.
bye
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Anonymous on Sat May 31, 2003 7:10 pm

Chaire Romule,

sadly true indeed! But if us past-livers can't ramble about scientificly the better days, what is the SVR for and even stronger; what are we to do,

fîlei Héllas!

Hellenos
Anonymous

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Sat May 31, 2003 7:53 pm

Khaire Hellenos
We can ramble about present day as much as we want, unless we do something about it, it will not change.
Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sat May 31, 2003 9:05 pm

Salve Alexander,

Thinking of letting an alter ego join eh? You sneaky Greek! I bet "Lovensianus" has something to do with "Leuven", nonne? ;)

Vale bene,
Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Anonymous on Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:21 am

Chaîre fílos,

it does! You see, I was romanized once before. In the first year of high school our Latin teacher gave us Latin names and adressed us that way. It was based on our napoliontic names aka our so-called real names. My real ís in facht Alexander for my hounerable father named me 'Alexander Sebastiaan'. Alexander (Aléxandros) is of course Alexander III of Makedonía who we tend to call the great. (As we do his fathet Fillipos II, but everyone seems to forget). Sebastiaan (Sebastianus) is a Roman, as I believe of later periods, who had is body seeved with arows, as you can see on this image, Image it's not that good an image, because he should be more penatratred. Which you shall understand more if I tell you its is the only thing the "common memory" knows of him. You could check your "practicum kunst-cd". It was his intention, to call me Sabstiaan as a warning in life, and Alexander as an example. And thus he conducted his plan, and when I became an ephebe, the world changed it's perception of me, and started to call me Alexander.
when I was child everyone called me "Sebastiaan" (and Sebástian in Antwerpian English Primary School :wink:) and so my first Latin teacher named me "Sebastianus Lovensius Artifex". The praenomen is thus my (second) first name, the nomen is my Belgian surname an NOT my birth-, live- nor study-place: in Greece (where I, Hellenos travelled from) they call me Aléksandros of Wílderak (my true birthplace), I live in Antverpiae and study in Ghent. Atifex was a cognomen of choice.
now tóday in Alexander Dionysius Hellenos, Alexander is evident. I chose Dionysius, because on my KK-baptism I was Diónusos. (Had a hot date with Apollo :wink:) And finally Hellenos, for I am a traveller from Greece :wink:.
now, if you bravely read this up to here I'll rewatrd you with some thaughts. :wink: I am disloyal to my first Latin name? Growing up I see it as an alter ego. Artifex is the crative one and Hellenos the scholar. They depend on eachother. Secondly, What's the story behind your name? Fore sure, everyone has his Roman heroes or examples and certainly you and your brothers must have had some discussion about it! Beïng brothers in SVR too.

love too go on and on about the ancient times 8),

Héllenos
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous on Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:25 am

(am I the typing error king or what :twisted:)
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:10 pm

µéta gegrámmenon: how much does onen need to know of Héllenos :roll: 8)

chairétismous,

<émautos
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:20 pm

Chaírete sas,

I forgot to tell I chose Héllenos, for I love Greece and Atticus was taken. But Lupus and I believe that Atticus was just a woessy Roman that fled from the capital to avoid Cicero. And than Cicero started stalking him with letters. That explains why there are no replys from Cicero.

chaíretismous,

Héllenos
Anonymous

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:29 pm

Avete,

I'll make this into a seperate thread named "Onomasiology: our Roman names" in collegium Latinum.

Optime valete,
Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Anonymous on Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:31 pm

legitime nonsence 8)
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous on Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:03 pm

Chaírete sas,

HABEMUS PAPAM! I have made a decision. If I do not get elected rector, i'll go back to my beloved Greece and operate from there. Therefore I will send my associate Sebastianus Lovensianus Artifex who is aka my alter-ego. (and no I am not gay, you greek-race-ists! :wink: )

relax, it doesn't hurt to be mad 8)

Héllenos
Anonymous

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:31 pm

Salvete

For those of you who have not yet noticed it. I changed my name again. I who was formerly known as Sokarus and as Romulus, am now known under the name Quintus. Maybe its best to adress me by Orce or Orcus since there are some Quintus' already here on this forum.thnx for listening.
valete

Quintus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Return to Introductions