mea Odusseia

Salvete, new amici; tell us a bit about yourselves! But this is no ordinary Intro forum; you will learn quite a bit about the rest of us too. >({|:-)

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

mea Odusseia

Postby Anonymous on Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:31 pm

chaírete sas,

fair citezens, months I have drifted like our hounorable forefather Odyseus around our societas. I couldn't get in for the passwords through the gates have been altered. Luckely, my good hospes Lupus recognised me and my compassionate propraeceptor Drakon ordered the gards to go and offer their services the Theatrum Flavium ...
And so I wonder, what powerchanges have occured during my holiday in Greece (which was GREAT by the way ;)), has my dear Romulus been able to manage things in the ColGra, ... but most of all, is all wel my city?
Anonymous

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:46 pm

Khaire Hellenos
Nice to hear from you again, my friend. I received your message. Anyway nice to know that your problems are finally over. Last week i had a "holiday" aswell during my stay in Venice for the Biennale (for those who don't know this, this happens every year in Venice and deals mostly with modern art.) I don't know about you, but during the evenings i invited Dionysos to join me for a drink and believe me, i got really drunk.
Hey, maybe you bring some life to the daily life project?
Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:24 am

Really Alexander, a portrait of a mere Macedonian as your avatar? Actually a Roman copy of a portrait of a mere Macedonian? Surely you could do better, especially after your recent trip to your homeland?
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

Postby Anonymous on Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:04 pm

without this macedonians father, the homeland might of looked quite different wouldn't it? and where once a devoted texan romanofil questioned my sentiments for what is Roman, presently my choice for Roman art seems odd? perhaps it does, coming from me. a lot of me has changed over the summer (no worries Greece is still my greatest love :)) and if i'm correct, wasn't the oringinal never found?
Anonymous

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:11 pm

I guess you are right. That Macedonian did quite a bit for Greek culture's place in the world. Maybe you could vote him an honorary Greek.

Yes, your avatar is from a Roman mosaic found at Pompeii and now at the National Museum in Naples (if you go there, incidentally, you can put your nose right up on the mosaic; it is hanging on the wall at eye level and has no protection at all). The mosaic is a Roman copy of an original Greek wall painting, but I don't remember how we know this.

Vale,

Tergestus
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:26 pm

Salve Alex,

I resized your avatar. Nice to be working with you :wink:
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Anonymous on Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:35 pm

thx Locatus,

for can't resize a pic you have to upload from a site!
now let's hope every-one turns to the topic in the Other Thread :P

read you their,

Héllenos
Anonymous

Return to Introductions