Album Sodalium

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Album Sodalium

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:49 pm

Salvete,

Some people ask me where they can consult the list of members of the SVR (maybe to check if they are a member?). The answer is simple: on our site, of course!

Valete,

Locatus

PS. (oh, for the lazy-ones: http://www.societasviaromana.org/album_sodalium.htm :roll: ). If you should notice a fault, please contact the censores on censores@societasviaromana.org .
PPS. This avatar isn't me, it's our dear friend Mencius. Maybe the women now will stop mailing me :lol: .
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Corrections, Please...?

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:26 am

Ave, magister (Greetings, O Wise and Mighty One)!

I've been trying to get my info corrected for maybe two and a half years... Admittedly, I've only sent it to your colleague (not counting a couple of posts way back when we were still on an e-List), but you can't say I haven't been patient.

Maybe it is time to start embarrassing you people in public...

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:04 pm

What do you mean? I haven't heard of any faults in your information.
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:28 pm

There's still the Coruncanius-problem ;). His name is misspelled in the album sodalium and since a gens is female, it should be gens Coruncania and not Coruncanius. That's all I could dig up for now.

Vale!
Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:22 pm

that has been corrected a few days ago. don't forget to pusch the 'reload' button in your browser
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

My info, where you can't *possibly* miss it

Postby Aldus Marius on Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:45 am

Below, the original message sent to the then-current Webmaster of the Societas Viae Romanae as it neared the completion of its first year of existence. (It has been slightly updated to reflect the completion of other requested tasks.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Salve, Magister Retiae...

I checked your recent Album updates and some other stuff as well, and have both a glitch to report and a request to make...

The Glitch: [taken care of]

The Request: I'd like to see my own info in the Album Sodalicum updated to reflect the following...

-- Gens: Maria (unorganized, Plebeian)

-- Functio: Member, Collegium Historicum
Member, Collegium Artium

I've been curious about that. I think, if we're going to have public profiles of our membership, said profiles should tell us a little bit about the person; and listing their Collegium memberships would help new members quickly find others with similar interests. So: Why not include what College(s) a sodalis is in along with their other info...? Could that be done?

-- E-mail: I now authorize you to publish my e-mail address in the Album Sodalicum. The address I want listed is: <marius@cynico.net> .

-- Provincia: (USA/Texas)

-- Dii Patroni: Christus, of course. I'd originally sent a list of other Gods great and small Whose paths had intersected with mine. Now that I know space is limited, I should like to trim that list down to the essential few with Whom I interact every day:
> Christus (just like that; 'Iesus' was His human, 'Christus' His divine aspect)
> Iuppiter/Iovi Pater (again, just like that; He is, to me, 'Father-God', and fills that place in the Christian Trinity)
> Vesta
> Roma Mater
> Terminus (there are actually boundary-markers around my trailer park, one reason why I've stayed there so long!)
> the numen legionis of Legio VI Victrix
> the numen of a creek that runs between my home and my bus stop
> the shade (*not* deified) of my distinguished adopted ancestor, Gaius Marius.

If you can think of a compact way to put Them in there, I'd like to see These all listed. The complex simplicity of my Roman walk will be incomprehensible to visitors otherwise.

Gratias ago,
=====
Marius Peregrine, Storyteller and Citizen of Rome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And if any of you (the Webmastership having since been divided or shared among several individuals) can manage to get my Album Sodalicum info to look like this, I shall thank you again and get off your case. The disclosure of my e-addy in particular was intended as a token of my trust in the SVR and its membership.

If, in addition, my suggestion about listing areas of interest is adopted (I know we don't really do Collegium 'memberships' anymore), I shall become positively giddy, thank you profusely,, and tell epic stories about you to my friends and relations. >({|;-)

In amicitia et fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:34 pm

Salve Mari,

First of all: thank you for your suggestions!

The alba are maintained by the censores, not by the webmasters (aediles).

I've put in all your patron gods (as you have written them above), although the latin inquisitor here will burn me for the amount of english now used in our album.

We do not list emailadresses anymore because this is too dangerous for spam (there is software which tracks every webpage for adresses). Seperate college memberships do no longer exist, thus are not listed.

About the interests: our forum gives us the possibility to list our interests in the profiles. I don't see the need of them being listed in our Album, where is no place for discussions or no mean to contact the members. It is just a listing of our members.

Vale,

Locatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Album Sodalicum

Postby Aldus Marius on Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:10 am

Salve,Locate!!!

> I've put in all your patron gods (as you have written them
> above), although the latin inquisitor here will burn me for the amount of
> english now used in our album.

It's Fixed!!! It's Fixed!!!

** takes off running with his arms up in the air like a delighted little kid **

** comes back panting **

O, Locate--O Aediles--O Censores--O, Whoever's Responsible For the Darn Thing: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

I hope I haven't run you over your English quota; if Inqui tries to burn you, you may borrow my asbestos jacket. [hands it to Locatus]

...There, that should hold ya until I can put all that wreck in Latin... >({|;-)

In amicitia and profound gratitude,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Oh, dear...

Postby Aldus Marius on Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:12 am

(Oh, dear...that post has gone and made a Cornicen out of me.)

(Does that make me a Blowhard...or does it simply authorize me to blow my own horn?)

>({|;-)
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:57 pm

I'm happy to have made you happy, mi Mari.

I'm here to serve the people! :lol:
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Return to Comitia