Salvete Omnes!

Salvete, new amici; tell us a bit about yourselves! But this is no ordinary Intro forum; you will learn quite a bit about the rest of us too. >({|:-)

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Salvete Omnes!

Postby Anonymous on Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:28 am

Salvete Omnes!
As a new member of the SVR I thought I would just say 'Hello' and briefly introduce myself on what is a beautiful and snowy morning in the ancient tribal lands of the Durotriges in southern Britannia.
I'm a postal worker from Poole in Dorset with an interest in languages, literature, religion and philosophy which has lead me increasingly into the classical 'sphere' over the last year or so. I'm of Welsh (and therefore Romano-British) descent and am keen to learn more of my mixed heritage and to explore some of the local sites of interest in the near future.
I'm not really very computer-literate and rather stumbled over the SVR by fortuitous accident but I'm delighted to be here and hope that I can contribute positively to the Society in the future.

Valete!

Caius Durnovarius Brutus
Anonymous

Postby Quintus Pomponius Atticus on Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:34 pm

Salve Cai...

...And welcome of course !

Reading your introductory post, I hope your broad range of interest will find its fulfillment in the discussions and projects on this forum.

I'm also happy to see someone with knowledge in and interest for Romano-british history joining us; I'm sure this somewhat new subject matter will prove a valuable addition to the SVR.

Vale bene,

Q. Pomponius Atticus
Quintus Pomponius Atticus
Praetor

"Ars longa, vita brevis" - Hippocrates
Quintus Pomponius Atticus
Senator
Senator

Postby Aulus Dionysius Mencius on Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:32 pm

Salve

A heartly welcome indeed to a Romano-british kindred spirit...

I, too, hope that your stay in SVR will be mutually educative.

In amicitia

PS I like the sound of your middle name 8)
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
Praefectus Belgicae, Rector of ColMil et Senator
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
V. Cornicen
V. Cornicen

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:19 pm

Salve Cai Brute

Welcome to SVR. A postal worker, eh? I carried mail (in the US) for far too many years while attending college, but the good part was that working never interferred with my reading, and I did get to spend most of time outdoors. And when it came to philosophy, postal workers are well read and highly opinionated.

Optima omnia
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Introductions