Collegium Elections 2757

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Collegium Elections 2757

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Mon May 24, 2004 5:30 pm

Salvete sodales!

Elections for the collegia are upon us soon (the exact date will be announced but it will not be later than the beginning of July). Candidates can announce their intention to run for the office of rector of a collegium as of now.

Being a rector entails responsibility for said collegium and can include the creation of projects, giving the 'good example' by writing essays, keep discussions going, etc etc... For the position of rector of the language collegia (Latinum and Graecum) knowledge of these languages is not required by law but is strongly advised by tradition. Rectores also get the priviledge of being part of the Senate for their term of office.

Please consider running for rector!

Valete,
Draco
Last edited by Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Pomponius Atticus on Sun May 30, 2004 4:42 pm

Salvete,

Hereby I announce my candidacy for the office of rector of the Collegium Historicum.

Being a student of classical history, I hope to be sufficiently well up in the subject as to be able to stimulate discussion, organize joint projects, help extend our website with interesting contributions etc.

Valete optime,

Q. Pomponius Atticus
Quintus Pomponius Atticus
Praetor

"Ars longa, vita brevis" - Hippocrates
Senator
Senator

Postby Publius Dionysius Mus on Sun May 30, 2004 5:14 pm

Salvete!

I hereby announce my candidacy for the rectorship in Collegium Graecum. This collegium has been too silent in the past, and it is my intention to improve activity in this collegium.

During the previous years I have lead Collegium Historicum, but it is now time for a new and refreshing rector there.

As a History student, I had some courses this year that increased my interest and knowledge on ancient Greece.

Supported by these qualifications, I would be glad to serve as next year's rector in Collegium Graecum!

Valete bene
Publius Dionysius Mus

No Spartiate soul left alive to tell
How bravely they fought
By treason they fell
(Ancient Rites - Thermopylae)
Publius Dionysius Mus
Eques
Eques

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sun May 30, 2004 5:57 pm

Salvete!

I am running for collegium artium this year. I have been rector of collegium philosophicum for two years and this year I was rector of collegium Latinum, which I expanded with learning material and tried to stir interest in with polls and discussion topics. I hope to do well for collegium artium as well.

I would also like to call upon our 'newer' members to consider running for rector. If one of you would like to run for collegium artium, I will be very happy to cease my candidacy.

Valete,
Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Sun May 30, 2004 8:05 pm

Salvete

I hereby announce my support for those who seek office of rector. I talked with Alexander yesterday, at least i chatted with him and he asked me if i could on his behalf announce his support for Mus as rector of collegium Graecum.
I would also like to add that i hereby announce my candidacy for rector of collegium religionis. I always had an interest in religions of antiquity and i hope to bring some more religious diversity in the collegium. In modern times, most people look to Celtic, Roman, Egyptian and Greek pagan religions. Are the pagan religions of Carthage, Phoenicia, Mesopotamia and many others who were once part of the Roman Empire extinguished?
That is something i hope to adress when i become rector. I have some pretty big shoes to fill, with Piscinus not looking for being reelected.
I do appreciate any input from him.
valete optime
Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 pm

And here is another one...

I would like to announce my candidacy for the office of rector of the collegium philosophicum. Although lack of time this year has prevented me from searching new material and opening new topics, I think it was a good year for our collegium. And next year will even be better!

I also want to support the current candidates, and I hope some new members also will stand for office during these elections!

Locatus
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Aulus Dionysius Mencius on Mon May 31, 2004 7:27 pm

Salvete omnes!

I wish, in my turn, to put forward my candidacy for the office of Rector for the Collegium Militarium.
I always had a sound interest in the matter, one that, I hope, will inspire and contribute to some good discussions in the collegium.

I would be happy to serve our Societas this way, if you would consider me worthy of your trust.

I greet thee, amici
Mencius
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
Praefectus Belgicae, Rector of ColMil et Senator
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
V. Cornicen
V. Cornicen

Postby Curio Agelastus on Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:01 am

Salvete omnes,

I wish to announce my candidacy for the rectorship of the Collegium Historicum.

For the past year I have been Rector of Collegium Artium. I was a somewhat inactive rector, due to real-life circumstances for which I apologise now. However, I will be free this year to dedicate more time to stimulating activity in the Collegium Historicum.

I am currently a part-time student in history, and will become a full-time student in ancient history this September. As some of you here know, I am interested in a wide variety of aspects of history, and while I make no claims to being an expert, I hope this enthusiasm will enable me to inspire many learned discussions in the Collegium. Having said that, Atticus would make an excellent Rector for the Collegium as well. :)

Bene valete,
Marcus Scribonius Curio Britannicus.
Marcus Scribonius Curio Agelastus
Rector ColHis, Senator

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:07 pm

Salvete,

Wow, these elections may actually become quite exciting. 8)

Valete,
Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Pomponius Atticus on Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:55 pm

Salve Draco,

Perhaps you can transfer the gambling topic from the Ludi Societatis to the Comitia :lol:

Vale,

Atticus
Praetor

Senator
Senator

Postby Curio Agelastus on Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:51 pm

Salvete Draco et Attice,

Yes this must be only the 3rd or 4th time we've had more than one person contesting a position isn't it?

Bene valete,
Rector ColHis, Senator

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:23 pm

Salvete sodales omnes

Marcus Scribonius Curio wrote:
Yes this must be only the 3rd or 4th time we've had more than one person contesting a position isn't it?

And still a number of rector positions without an announced candidate yet. Since we do have a number of new members we should point out that you too are eligible to seek one of these offices. The rectors act as discussion leaders on our boards for the various our collegia. They also sit as members of our Senate to guide the direction of our organization and community. We encourage rectors to set an example by providing articles to our webpages as well, or to act as translators of materials already provided. We would very much like to see new members enter our elections and Senate as that has always contributed to the further development of our community and its activities.
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Pomponius Atticus on Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:57 pm

Salve Piscine,

And still a number of rector positions without an announced candidate yet.

As far as I know, the only collegium without an announced candidate at the moment is the Collegium Vitae Quotidianae. Nonetheless, step forward, ye candidates. Dulce et decorum est pro rectore servire, you know ! :lol:

Vale optime,

Atticus
Praetor

Senator
Senator

Postby Marcus Pomponius Lupus on Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:38 pm

Salvete,

Collegium Latinum is still without a candidate as well. Going once,....

Valete bene
Lupus
Marcus Pomponius Lupus
Iurisconsultus
Marcus Pomponius Lupus
Eques
Eques

Postby Tiberius Dionysius Draco on Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:50 pm

Salvete!

I hereby declare my candidacy for the position of rector for the Collegium Vitae Quotidianae

Apart from the military aspect of the Romans, their daily life intrigues me the most. I hope I will be able to improve the youngest of the Collegia with my efforts.

Valete,
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Curator
Curator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:51 am

Still no candidates for collegium Latinum?

Also, it's not forbidden to put forward your candidacy for positions there already is a candidate for. I'll phrase it even bolder: I want to be challenged!

Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:44 pm

Well if people like challenges maybe I should declare my candidacy for every position, thus putting the Scribonian revolution into effect? 8)
Rector ColHis, Senator

Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Postby Horatius Piscinus on Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:19 pm

Oh, no! :o May Attius Varus save us now in our time of need :shock: and where is Rex Juba to oppose the dread Scribonius :roll:

Go for it Curio :x
M Horatius Piscinus

Sapere aude!
Horatius Piscinus
Curialis
Curialis

You Go, Guy!!

Postby Aldus Marius on Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:04 pm

Aulus Dionysius Mencius wrote:I wish, in my turn, to put forward my candidacy for the office of Rector for the Collegium Militarium. I always had a sound interest in the matter, one that, I hope, will inspire and contribute to some good discussions in the collegium.

I would be happy to serve our Societas this way, if you would consider me worthy of your trust.

Salvete amici et commilitones...

I wholeheartedly support and endorse Dionysius Mencius' candidacy for this position. I have had extensive private correspondence with this man and can vouch for his intelligence, decency, humor, and imagination. I believe the Collegium Militarium will be in good hands under Mencius. (Not like my Rectorship, about which the less said the better... >({|;-)

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:59 pm

Mi Piscine, Juba cannot save the SVR from the Scribonian revolution, for I have hired the charioteer Juba Bane, remember?

Mi Mari, worthwhile though your character judgement is, IMHO at least there is little need for endorsements in an election as closely-contested and hard-fought as that for the Collegium Militarium. 8)

Bene valete omnes,
Rector ColHis, Senator

Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Return to Comitia