Heu me ! Heu me !

Facets of everyday Roman life, from food to travel to petkeeping. "How did the Romans...?" answered here!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Heu me ! Heu me !

Postby Anonymous on Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:02 am

Salvete omnes !

I'm a new member of the SVR. I'm a student in archeologia in France. I work on the roman streets in the occidental part of the Roman Empire.

I must find some examples of fountains in street (lacus). I find them in France, in Italia, in Africa. But i search desesperatly in Britain, in Spain and in Germany. :?

Is there anyone who knows something about that ? Do u have some bibliographical reference about that ?

Vale

Aulus
Anonymous

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:37 am

Salve Germini,

You might try corresponding with the Museum of London. The last time I was there in 2001 they had a display of a Roman street that was found when the foundation of a new shopping center was being built in "the City" (the current financial district and old Roman center of London). Best of luck.

Tergestus
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

Postby Anonymous on Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:15 am

Salve,

Thanks for this information. I note it. And i'm going to search the e-mail of the Museum of London.

Vale Bene

Aulus
Anonymous

Thanks / Merci / Grazie / Danke Schön / Grazias ;o)

Postby Anonymous on Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:17 am

Salve Tiberi,

Thank you for all these informations. I know the first reference but not the second and the third. I'm going to the libray see this.

The websites will help me too. I'm aggree with your hypothesis on the existence of wells in GB instead of public fountains.

Forgive my short answer but my work wait for me !

Pardon pour le mauvais anglais :oops:

Thanks again and again :o

Salve

Aulus
Anonymous

Well...

Postby Anonymous on Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:03 am

Salve amice

Your french is not so bad. Except this : you must write Anglais and not Englais :P :D :wink:

If somebody wants to talk the gallian language (oups the french language), i'm there :P

Vale bene

Aulus
Anonymous

Postby Q. C. Locatus Barbatus on Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:47 pm

You're always very welcome! If I'm not having dinner, like yesterday :wink: . Oh, I will visite paris on the 28th of July...
Quintus Claudius Locatus Barbatus
Rector
Princeps Gentis Claudiae
Consul
Senator
Patricius
Q. C. Locatus Barbatus
Senator
Senator

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:44 pm

If you have not yet run across it, please visit http://www.iath.virginia.edu/waters/

"Aquae Urbis Romae: the Waters of the City of Rome is a cartographic history of 2800 years of water infrastructure and urban development in Rome. Water is a living system that includes natural features (springs, the Tiber River, etc.) and hydraulic elements (aqueducts, bridges, fountains, etc.) that are linked through topography."
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

Thanks / Merci / Grazie / Danke Schön / Grazias ;o)

Postby Anonymous on Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:40 pm

Salve prime

Thanks for this information :)

Aulus
Anonymous

Return to Collegium Vitae Quotidianae