Oh and by the way, for those who were wondering...

Salvete, new amici; tell us a bit about yourselves! But this is no ordinary Intro forum; you will learn quite a bit about the rest of us too. >({|:-)

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Oh and by the way, for those who were wondering...

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:46 am

Salvete!

Perhaps you were wondering what the school/college results of the Belgae were for this year?

Atticus has passed cum magna laude. Lupus has passed (I don't know his exact grade) and Mus, Tiberius and I each have a doable set of re-exams. Tarquinius has to redo nearly all subjects. I don't know about Locatus, Mencius or Romulus.

Valete,
Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Aulus Dionysius Mencius on Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:18 pm

Salvete omnes!

To my satisfaction, I can say that I have passed as well. But, since solidarity is one of my many virtues, :roll: :wink: I will take two re-exams, too, for courses that were part of my individually altered year programme, or IAJ for my fellow countrymen...

Congrats to the others, not only the Belgae, but to everyone who had to face exams these past few months...

Iubeo aliquem valere

Mencius
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
Praefectus Belgicae, Rector of ColMil et Senator
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
V. Cornicen
V. Cornicen

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:50 pm

Salvete

I can also say that I passed with excellence. Maybe a bit exagerated, but this last year was a good one. My grades were good. I don't have to do any re- examns.
Congratulations at those who have passed this year.
valete

Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Credit

Postby Aldus Marius on Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:27 am

Salvete discipuli...

My congratulations are extended to the Societas as a whole, both for nurturing such fine gentlemen-and-scholars...and for Her resilience in carrying on normal operations while Her top brass is effectively missing for two or three months out of the year.

The exams could be a stressful time here, even for those who are not taking them. It is difficult to get a hold of the magistrates then, and should you manage to do it, you may not get a timely reply. The refrain heard everywhere is, "I'm studying for a test." I dare say if the OP had to function in this kind of environment, they'd have proclaimed one of their beloved "crises" by the end of the first week, and in two months or less they would have likely experienced a complete thermonuclear meltdown. But then, they are a nation of masochists, not scholars.

The membership of the SVR, OTOH, does not panic. We have simply wrapped our brains around it, recalibrated our expectations accordingly, and accepted this rite of Autumn and Spring as the normal way of things. We're pretty self-propelled anyway and don't require much babysitting. If the official who normally does a thing is too busy cramming, why, we find someone else who can do the same thing, tell us how to do it, or refer us to someone else who can get it done instead. No biggie. We're taken care of.

So while the near-absence of several of the magistrates during exam season could be a structural problem, it is not. That it is not is, I think, due largely to our developing institutional culture...but mainly to the character of the membership. I thank you all for this.

Omnes te saluto!!

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Curio Agelastus on Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:34 am

Salvete omnes,

Congrats to all those of you who have done well in your exams, it was certainly well deserved.

Just to update you, I passed my part-time modules and will therefore be joining y'all as a full-time student as of this September.

Bene valete,
Marcus Scribonius Curio Britannicus.
Marcus Scribonius Curio Agelastus
Rector ColHis, Senator

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Curio Agelastus
Senator
Senator

Postby Marcus Pomponius Lupus on Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:41 pm

Salvete,

Congratulations to all members who had to deal with exams, with or without re-exams, the efforts made are usually great and a break and a pat on the back are well deserved.

Many thanks for the congratulations as well, it feels good to be a part of the world again after 2 - 3 months of near-isolation :wink:

Since this is the first time in 3 years I don't have to do any re-exams, I'll be checking most, if not all, Latin on the site in the coming months. If something looks strange, or if you have any doubt about certain phrases, do not hesitate to ask me, it will be good to stay in touch with Latin until classes begin again :lol:

Valete bene and good luck to all those with re-exams !
Lupus
Marcus Pomponius Lupus
Iurisconsultus
Marcus Pomponius Lupus
Eques
Eques

Return to Introductions