Imperium Augustus

Roman arts, sciences, architecture and literature, and the modern creative efforts inspired by them. This is the home of our famous Roleplaying Thread. >({|:-)

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Imperium Augustus

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:54 pm

Salvete

Did anyone see this movie based upon the life of Augustus? I heard it was historically uncorrect, that it was full of historical mistakes, see review IMDB.com.
Also it is good to know that after Hercules: the legendary journeys, they are planning to do a miniseries of Hercules starting after he has killed his family. It is from the same director of Imperium Augustus, but it does look promising for a miniseries which will air in 2005 according to imdb.com.
valete

Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:09 pm

Salve Orce,

Yeah, and from what I can tell the title seems to be incorrect as well. Is it really called "Imperium Augustus" or was it "Imperium: Augustus"? If it is the former, it's wrong.

Vale,
Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Quintus Aurelius Orcus on Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:03 pm

Salve draco

It looked like I made a mistake. its Imperium: Augustus. here's a review with cast listing: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0340529/
Here's some info on the Hercules miniseries project coming out in 2005 that is now in pre-production: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0420408/
It does look like it will not resemble to the hit series Hercules: the legendary journeys. What did you guys think of that show that spawned Xena: warrior princess?
vale

Romulus
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Rector ColRel
Rogator
Princeps gentis Aureliae
Quintus Aurelius Orcus
Senator
Senator

Return to Collegium Artium et Litterarum