Prorector appointment

Forum and collegium dedicated to the teaching, writing, speaking and interpretation of Latin, ancient Greek and other languages of related cultures.

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Prorector appointment

Postby Publius Dionysius Mus on Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:34 pm

Salvete

We, the consules, hereby appoint Quintus Pomponius Atticus as prorector for this collegium. He will lead this collegium until a new rector is elected. This becomes effective immediately.

Valete bene
Publius Dionysius Mus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Publius Dionysius Mus
Eques
Eques

Postby Quintus Pomponius Atticus on Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:38 pm

Salvete consules,

I thank you for your trust in me by appointing me prorector of this collegium and will do my best to faithfully fulfill that task.

As SVR's regula (VIII.2) says :

Collegia shall be headed by Rectores, who are to be elected yearly by the members of the several collegia. If there is only one candidate, the prospective members of said Collegium can still choose by majority vote not to appoint him Rector. The Consules shall then collectively appoint an interim Prorector until another candidate can be found and voted upon. Whenever a new candidate proposes himself, the Prorector shall conduct balloting within thirty days according to the statues of the Collegium. Such candidate shall take office, if unopposed, only by receiving an absolute majority of votes cast.

I hereby ask if any candidate(s) for the office of rector of the Collegium Latinum will step forward, a rector's job being to foster the purposes of the Societas :

study, research, re-creation, education, and discussion relating to the Roman and Roman-area civilisation and its appreciation and application in modern times. (VIII.3)

Don't be frightened, emerge, put on your toga candida, climb onto the rostra and present yourself to the roaring crowd, ambitious sodales :lol:

Valete,

Q. Pomponius Atticus
Quintus Pomponius Atticus
Praetor

"Ars longa, vita brevis" - Hippocrates
Senator
Senator

Postby Quintus Pomponius Atticus on Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:27 am

Salvete,

I wish to ask again if there is really no one who thinks him- or herself capable and willing of leading this Collegium.

Valete,

Q. Pomponius Atticus
Prorector
Praetor

"Ars longa, vita brevis" - Hippocrates
Senator
Senator

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:37 pm

Salve Attice,

Perhaps you could also post this on the comitia list?

Vale,
Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Return to Collegium Linguarum