A rector, a rector, my kingdom for a rector !

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

A rector, a rector, my kingdom for a rector !

Postby Quintus Pomponius Atticus on Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:53 pm

Salvete omnes,

As you may've noticed, SVR is still looking for a rector to lead the Collegium Latinum (see this topic). I wish to ask again if there is really no one who thinks him- or herself capable and willing of leading this Collegium.

Valete,

Q. Pomponius Atticus
Prorector
Quintus Pomponius Atticus
Praetor

"Ars longa, vita brevis" - Hippocrates
Senator
Senator

Postby Anonymous on Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:57 pm

Salvete!

I, in fact (after a little encouragement from a certain prominent member), would like to step up for candidacy for Rector of the Collegium Latinum.

I have had a year of Latin education, but three years' worth of grammar education (or so they tell me). I also competed in the NJCL National convention this past summer, placing in 7 academic tests and taking 2nd place in Competitive Certamen.

valete,
Titus Marius
Anonymous

Postby Quintus Pomponius Atticus on Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:22 pm

Salvete omnes,

As the regulae principes of SVR ordain that

Whenever a new candidate proposes himself, the Prorector shall conduct balloting within thirty days according to the statues of the Collegium. Such candidate shall take office, if unopposed, only by receiving an absolute majority of votes cast.

I hereby ask the aediles and rogatores to prepare a cista to vote for a new rector for the Collegium Latinum.

Valete,

Q. Pomponius Atticus
Praetor

"Ars longa, vita brevis" - Hippocrates
Senator
Senator

Return to Comitia