Ludi Primi 2758

Everything related to the ludi circenses and its teams or workings, including games or contests in the Societas Via Romana. Bring on the fun!

Moderator: Aldus Marius

Ludi Primi 2758

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:08 pm

Salvete,

Today, the first chariot races of 2758 start, since the Carmentalia were skipped. As we speak, the charioteers are now racing in the circus. Results will come soon!

Optime valete,
Draco
Gn. Dionysius Draco Invictus
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:24 pm

QUARTERS

Group I: Myrtilos, P Victorinus, Caesar, Pericolosus

In the first group of charioteers, in a surprise move Myrtilos starts out first, but the surprise doesn't last long, as he is quickly overtaken by Pericolosus. Caesar seizes his chance to pass Victorinus as they near the third round and another risky turn around the meta, and Victorinus, pushing hard to get back in third position, pushes too hard and slams against the meta. Caesar however is unaffected and races past his collegue Myrtilos, flinging his whip against Pericolosus's Flora Mortis. One lash is all it takes: Pericolosus screams and falls down, his span out of control. During all this confusion, Myrtilos sneaks back up and becomes the winner! Good race for Veneta.

1. Myrtilos
2. Caesar
3. Pericolosus was eliminated by Caesar
4. Victorinus met the meta

Group II: Damnator, Indutiomarus, Romulus, Rufus Pavor

A potentially explosive group here, with Rufus Pavor and Damnator starting out as favourites. The crowds, lusting after violence and blood, soon get what they want. In the second round, Damnator crashes into Romulus. The Purple leader, with many victories behind his name, loses not only his pole position but slams violently into the walls, splintering his "Celeres". However, Damnator seems sucked in his trail and unintendedly smacks against the broken "Celeres" with his "Fulmen Draconis", breaking one of his wheels and shaking the charioteer. The race goes on between the other two, with Rufus Pavor first and Indutiomarus second. However, Pavor destroys all hope for factio Purpurea himself when in the seventh round he takes a wrong turn and has a head-on with the meta. Indutiomarus is the sole survivor of this quarter.

1. Indutiomarus
2. Rufus Pavor crashed against the meta
3. Damnator crashed against the walls
4. Romulus was pushed against the walls by Damnator

Group III: Juba Bane, Callidus, PD Robur, Maximus

In this group of speed demons, PD Robur seems to be the odd one out and indeed, even as they start out he falls behind greatly. By the fourth round he is even half a circus away from the others! The other three however are blazing through the sands like there's no tomorrow. Competition is tight, but by round six it's become clear that Callidus's technique and speed are once again superior, and he has gained some distance over the other two. In the decisive round of this quarter, Maximus is able to shake off Juba Bane and finish second. However, Juba Bane isn't entirely out, since the previous quarter had only one going to the semis, and for now Juba Bane is the fastest third... In any case, good races for Russata until now, despite the fact that they have lost Phaethoon as their third charioteer.

1. Callidus
2. Maximus
3. Juba Bane
4. PD Robur

Group IV: Hannibal, Trophimus, Morgareth

As usual, Morgareth starts out strongly. Aurata is clearly hoping to have a second charioteer in the semis, but we'll see. Hannibal is currently trailing a bit behind, gaing speed slowly but surely. Truly representing Praesina's hopes however is Trophimus, who is locked in a battle for first position with Morgareth. This battle is over by round five, when the "Praedator" passes the "Infernerator" and remains tightly in first position. Hannibal has come on full speed meanwhile, and Morgareth is having quite some trouble with that. However, in a display of tenacity the leader of the Golden Horde is able to keep the "Elephant" at bay, and finish second. By these results, it is now confirmed that Juba Bane will also join the others in the semis.

1. Trophimus
2. Morgareth
3. Hannibal[/b]
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:04 pm

SEMIS

Group I: Myrtilos, Juba Bane, Maximus, Trophimus

All Blue racers have passed into the semis, and here we encounter two of them. The circus is filled with Veneta supporters, whose ranks have grown considerably over the past few races. As the four charioteers start, Maximus and Juba Bane are immediately locked in a battle for the first position. Myrtilos keeps a low profile, but after a few rounds it's clearly visible that his profile is a bit too low: Trophimus is too far ahead of him. Just as the Greens rise when their champion approaches the leading duo, an accident occurs. Maximus scrapes the meta, and hot on his tracks, Juba Bane's "Aenglish Wildfire" does the same, but with less benign consequences. His chariot cracks and Juba is hurled into the sand. Trophimus can only avoid getting drawn into this disastrous crash by his masterful charioting skills. Maximus and his "Centaurus" have gained a lead that is too big to catch up with, and for the last round, nothing changes. Two Blues are out!

1. Maximus
2. Trophimus
3. Myrtilos
4. Juba Bane crashed against the meta

Group II: Caesar, Indutiomarus, Callidus, Morgareth

This semi has two Golden chariots pitted against each other, with a Red and a Blue one thrown in for good measure. Russata is certain of a spot in the finals, but it will be a tough battle for the others. Callidus and Morgareth take the lead initiatlly, but Indutiomarus is not far behind. Caesar furiously tries to catch up with the trio, but it's clear that his span is lacking a bit in speed. He flings his whip at random, and ends up almost strangling himself in all his ardour, with no opponents nearby he can hit. Now it's Indutiomarus who leads, then it's Morgareth, and then it's Callidus, who appears not intimidated by the two Aureii who are veering so close to him. The "Gallia Victrix" of Indutiomarus makes an awful noise when it scrapes the meta, but its charioteer is unharmed. However, this means he is out for the battle for first or second place. Morgareth tries hard, but in the end it's Callidus who seizes the victory.

1. Callidus
2. Morgareth
3. Indutiomarus
4. Caesar
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:28 pm

FINALS: Maximus, Trophimus, Callidus, Morgareth

For neither of these charioteers, it's their first final, but only Trophimus has never won one. Looking back at the quarters, statistically it was quite unexpected that the two Reds would last, as well as the one Green. But they did survive and now they're here, under a grey sky promising rain.

From the start, Russata fans cheer as Callidus dominantly assumes the lead when the group of chariots comes out of the bend around the meta. The other three are close, however, with Trophimus and Morgareth gaining speed on the straight lines and almost catching up with Callidus. The "Celetior" seems to shift gears and its span moves ever faster over the sands of the circus. The previously doomed everlasting second has now grown into a full-blown winner, with both his nemesises Romulus and Damnator bested. Morgareth scrapes the surface of the spina in an unlucky manouver, and loses his slight advantage over Trophimus, who passes him like a hurricane, frenetically trying to close the gap with Callidus. The unlucky Golden charioteer is also passed by Maximus, who is now gaining speed and in hot pursuit of Trophimus.

Just when the "Centaurus" is about to pass the "Praedator", the right wheel of the "Centaurus" shifts a bit and the woodwork between the span and the chariot is splintered against the meta, severing contact between driver and span. Trophimus elegantly avoids getting sucked into the accident and moves on. For Maximus, the race is over. Just as Morgareth passes the crash site, Callidus crosses the finishing line first.

Congratulations to Callidus and his sponsor, Primus Aurelius Tergestus!

1. Callidus
2. Trophimus
3. Morgareth
4. Maximus slammed against the meta
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:30 pm

FACTIO RUSSATA +35
Maximus +11
Callidus +24

FACTIO AURATA +19
Indutiomarus +5
PD Robur +0
Morgareth +14

FACTIO PRAESINA +17
Hannibal +0
P Victorinus +0
Trophimus +17

FACTIO VENETA +8
Myrtilos +5
Juba Bane +1
Caesar +2

FACTIO PURPUREA +1
Romulus +0
Rufus Pavor +1

FACTIO ALBATA +0
Damnator +0
Pericolosus +0
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Anonymous on Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:12 pm

Salvete Omnes!
What,when,where,who?
Anonymous

Postby Aulus Dionysius Mencius on Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:22 pm

Salve, Calde

You should check out the ludi pages on the site... There you will find some background on factiones, the rules, how to enter the arena and be subsequently beaten by my champion Morgareth, or, worse, Damnator... :twisted:

Good luck, and choose your tactics wisely, my friend...
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
Praefectus Belgicae, Rector of ColMil et Senator
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
V. Cornicen
V. Cornicen

Postby Anonymous on Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:40 pm

Aulus Dionysius Mencius wrote:Salve, Calde

You should check out the ludi pages on the site... There you will find some background on factiones, the rules, how to enter the arena and be subsequently beaten by my champion Morgareth, or, worse, Damnator... :twisted:

Good luck, and choose your tactics wisely, my friend...

Salve Mince!
Grativs Tibi,,
Hmm I see if I can find my way around..
Anonymous

Postby Aulus Dionysius Mencius on Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:02 am

Caldvs wrote:
Salve Mince!

Did you just call me Mince, as in mince meat :shock:

Haven't had that one thrown at me before :wink:

btw, the vocative case of Mencius is Menci, not Mence as I have seen it in another post... Just trying to be helpful. Just once... :)

Vale bene!

tha Menc
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
Praefectus Belgicae, Rector of ColMil et Senator
Aulus Dionysius Mencius
V. Cornicen
V. Cornicen

Postby Anonymous on Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:54 pm

Aulus Dionysius Mencius wrote:
Caldvs wrote:
Salve Mince!

Did you just call me Mince, as in mince meat :shock:

Haven't had that one thrown at me before :wink:

btw, the vocative case of Mencius is Menci, not Mence as I have seen it in another post... Just trying to be helpful. Just once... :)

Vale bene!

tha Menc

LOL My mistake,sorry about that Minci!
Anonymous

Postby Gnaeus Dionysius Draco on Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:09 pm

The ludi have been cancelled for an indefinite period of time due to real world activities, but they may return as soon as the current reform period in SVR is over.

Optime vale,
Draco
Gnaeus Dionysius Draco
Curialis
Curialis

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:22 pm

Hooray! Hooray!

Can't wait!
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum