It's all yours

This is the Comitia (members' council) of the Societas Via Romana. While guests may read this forum, only registered members of the SVR may post or vote here.

Moderators: Aldus Marius, Valerius Claudius Iohanes

Postby Primus Aurelius Timavus on Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:13 pm

Mi Mari, don't ask for permission - repost. This is important to you (and to me and probably lots of other sodales) and you have every right to post whatever you want!
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator, Rogator, Praetor et Patricius
Civis Romanus Sum
Primus Aurelius Timavus
Curator
Curator

Re: MIA

Postby Tiberius Dionysius Draco on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:06 pm

Salve Mari,

I have not removed the original post that started this thread and I'm rather puzzled as to who could have done so. I'll look into it.

You have my permission to repost.

Vale bene,
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Tiberius Dionysius Draco
Curator
Curator

CSI, a little

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:36 am

Avete magistri...

Actually, I've done some poking around since then...and I can't seem to find anything with Coruncanius' name on it. He's no longer on the Memberlist; he has no Profile; his Comitia posts, and possibly others (I didn't look that far), have disappeared; and he doesn't turn up on any of the Searches. I can't even PM him.

I've archived some of his material from the pre-Concilium period, and I can repost as much of it as is needed. But I have to ask: Has he resigned or something? And if so, can he just delete everything he ever wrote on his way out?

In fide,
Aldus Marius Peregrinus.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

In loco Coruncaniis

Postby Aldus Marius on Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:29 am

Salvete omnes...

Here, the firstfruits of my archives: The original "It's All Yours" post by then-Consul Tiberius Coruncanius.

[Coruncanius:]

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:41 pm Post subject: It's all yours
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Salvete!

How fast the vitriolic posts flow when people don't like what they hear. So much for SVR's legendary civility. I don't know how to answer them because I hardly can understand them - references to things I can't recall or never knew, I suppose. By now, one thing is clear to me and I understand it perfectly; I've only held you back from a direction that I and about seven others refuse to go. I never should have stood for Consul, I never should have joined SVR. This whole organization, it has become clear to me, is basically an "Aventine Secession" from another organization. Most of you seem to be waiting for an Agrippa Menenius to come and welcome you back. I should have understood this earlier, I didn't.

To remedy this situation, I offer this:

MMDCCLVIII.I TI. CORUNCANIUS Q. CLAUDIUS LOCATUS BARBATUS
COSS. XVI Kal Sext.

Due to numerous issues and unfortunate events, the Senate and the leadership have failed to perform the duties the membership has entrusted them with. Because of this situation, I, Ti. Coruncanius, Consul, hereby:

I. Disband the Senate for a period of not less than one month and not more than three months.

II. In this period of time, a concilium of ten senior members of SVR will construct a new Regula Fundamentalis for the purposes of governing SVR's future organization and workings.
A. To ensure a viable and acceptable quorum, the concilium should consist of at least five of the top ten members who have been at SVR the longest, this includes what remains of the founding membership; another five should be drawn from the top ten highest posting members based upon the membership list viewable in the forum.
B. The concilium may conduct its work in whatever manner its members agree upon as acceptable. The Concilium may set its work schedules as it desires.
C. At the end of this period, the concilium will lay aside its authority and place its draft of the new Regula Fundamentalis before the comitia for a vote.
D. Should the draft be rejected by the Comitia, then the concilium must agree upon a new draft of the Regula for the Comitia to vote upon.

III. Whatever organization the concilium has drafted and the Comitia has ratified will become the new Regula Fundamentalis governing SVR.

IV. Should the concilium and the Comitia fail to draft and/or ratify a new Regula Fundamentalis after three months from this date, the Senate again will be required to assume control over SVR's administration.

That's all I have.

Homines dum docent, discunt.
Aldus Marius
Curialis
Curialis

Previous

Return to Comitia